IHS Tool Links into EPA’s Carbon Reporting System
Using the new automated functionality within the IHS GHG & Energy Solution should reduce the time required to collect, prepare and enter greenhouse gas data into e-GGRT by up to 55 percent, as well as reduce data entry errors, according to IHS. It says that the new product should allow users to submit data in time for the EPA’s 30 September deadline.
Under EPA rules, fuel suppliers and the biggest stationary emitters of greenhouse gases must submit emissions data annually, with the first round of data to be submitted electronically by September 30, 2011. That deadline was pushed back from March 31.
The EPA launched the e-GGRT reporting tool, which allows 28 industrial sectors to submit their 2010 greenhouse gas pollution data electronically, in August.
More than 1,000 stakeholders, including industry associations, states and non-governmental organizations, helped in the development to ensure user-friendliness, the EPA said.
Energy Manager News
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- Xcel Asks for $90M â€˜Switching Feeâ€™ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform
- Fulham Retrofit Kits EPA Approved
- Brookings Study: Net Metering Offers Cost Benefits to All Utility Customers
- Window Films: Low Hanging Fruit for Efficiency Gains