IHS Tool Links into EPA’s Carbon Reporting System
Using the new automated functionality within the IHS GHG & Energy Solution should reduce the time required to collect, prepare and enter greenhouse gas data into e-GGRT by up to 55 percent, as well as reduce data entry errors, according to IHS. It says that the new product should allow users to submit data in time for the EPA’s 30 September deadline.
Under EPA rules, fuel suppliers and the biggest stationary emitters of greenhouse gases must submit emissions data annually, with the first round of data to be submitted electronically by September 30, 2011. That deadline was pushed back from March 31.
The EPA launched the e-GGRT reporting tool, which allows 28 industrial sectors to submit their 2010 greenhouse gas pollution data electronically, in August.
More than 1,000 stakeholders, including industry associations, states and non-governmental organizations, helped in the development to ensure user-friendliness, the EPA said.
Energy Manager News
- New York Solar Installations Soar 300%
- Tiny, Solar-Powered Circuit Is 80% Efficient
- California Grid to Maintain Reliability Despite Drought
- Largest Solar Project Installed on Closed Landfill Under Consideration
- TerraForm Buys 930 MW Wind Portfolio for $2B
- BMW Tests Fuel-Cell Car
- Researchers Develop Cell that Can Store Solar at Night
- Energy Efficiency Program Saves Texas College $4.4M