IHS Tool Links into EPA’s Carbon Reporting System
Using the new automated functionality within the IHS GHG & Energy Solution should reduce the time required to collect, prepare and enter greenhouse gas data into e-GGRT by up to 55 percent, as well as reduce data entry errors, according to IHS. It says that the new product should allow users to submit data in time for the EPA’s 30 September deadline.
Under EPA rules, fuel suppliers and the biggest stationary emitters of greenhouse gases must submit emissions data annually, with the first round of data to be submitted electronically by September 30, 2011. That deadline was pushed back from March 31.
The EPA launched the e-GGRT reporting tool, which allows 28 industrial sectors to submit their 2010 greenhouse gas pollution data electronically, in August.
More than 1,000 stakeholders, including industry associations, states and non-governmental organizations, helped in the development to ensure user-friendliness, the EPA said.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV
- Walmart Saving Money While Driving Efficiency
- Solutions to Help Reach Building Energy Management Goals
- Advanced Fans Cut Datacenter Energy Requirements
- Renew Financial Acquires FL PACE-Lender EcoCity Partners
- Solar Canopies in Maryland, California
- Increased Demand for EVs Driving Global Battery Management System Market