Lighting Brief: Lighting Science Group, YRS Trade Co., Cree, GlacialLight
Lighting Science Group has launched its Glimpse LED downlight. The product mimics the shape of a traditional spot light, but uses fewer raw materials and has an improved thermal design, the company says. The Glimpse’s low profile design fits most 5″ and 6″ recessed down light cans, but uses 80 percent less energy and has a lifespan up to 25 times longer than traditional incandescent bulbs.
YRS Trade Co. Ltd. has announced that it will showcase a fluorescent-type LED lighting fixture that comes with a 360-degree LED lamp at CEATEC Japan 2011. Conventional fluorescent lamps and fittings used in existing billboards can be easily replaced with the LED lighting fixture, YRS says.
Cree has installed LED Xeralux high-bay fixtures, using Cree XLamp XP-G LEDs, at Waste Connections’ Cold Canyon Material Recovery Facility in San Luis Obispo, Calif. According to Waste Connections’ analysis, the Cold Canyon site is now saving 260-285 kWh per day, translating to more than $13,000 per year.
GlacialLight, a division of GlacialTech Inc., today announced the GL-BL110 LED Retail and Industrial Light, the first product in its new Arcturus GL-Baylight Series. This high-efficiency 17-inch 110 watt bay light is a simple replacement for older, less-efficient light sources and is recommended for both high bay and low bay usage, GlacialLight says.
Energy Manager News
- Apple, Google, Facebook Throw Weight Around in NC Energy Policy
- 2015 Green Lease Leaders include Landlords, Tenants, Brokers
- Disney World Builds Mickey Mouse-Shaped 5 MW Solar System
- Ohio Businesses Encouraged to Use Cogged V-Belts
- Renewables Share of US Energy Consumption Highest Since 1930s
- ZBB Unveils EMS for C&I Buildings
- Levi Strauss, Gap, Autodesk Support California Clean Energy Bill
- New Hydro-Quebec Data Center to Use Free Cooling