Software Briefing: AltaTerra, Microsoft, HP, Hara, Xerox
AngelPoints, CloudApps, GreenNurture, and Tripos Software are four of the most prominant vendors in the emerging market for software that aims to get employees to think green, according to a new report.
“Software Solutions for Engaging Employees in Sustainability,” by AltaTerra Research, looks at overcoming the disconnect that exists for many employees between high-level environmental goals and day-to-day operations.
The report says that the software-based employee engagement strategies available include interactive learning displays, social networking-based engagement, idea submittals and ranking, personal pledges and goal tracking, corporate aggregate goal tracking, and competitions among different groups.
Microsoft Corp. has launched an IT framework aimed specifically at the chemical and oil industries. The Microsoft Chemical Reference Architecture Initiative, or ChemRA, aims to address the business and technical challenges in the chemical industry such as increased complexity of global supply networks, the need for innovation management and bringing new products to market fast, Microsoft says.
Hewlett Packard has selected a software platform from Hara, a provider of environmental and energy management products, to automate energy and sustainability data collection across more than 1,000 HP facilities worldwide.
The integrated package uses HP’s Energy and Sustainability Management application and services as well as Hara Environmental and Energy Management software.
California’s Ventura County has started using a Xerox software product for its parking permit program.
By using DocuShare eForms for the permit process, the County says it has improved processing time by more than 50 percent and saved more than $9,000 in paper costs, while providing instant access to vehicle and permit data.
Energy Manager News
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures
- CA School District to Get 73% of Energy From Solar Carports
- Two Critical Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Current Energy Contract
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger
- ICC Issues Stringent Consumer Protection Rules For Retail Electric Suppliers
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool