EA6B Prowler Flies on Biofuel
An EA-6B Prowler successfully completed its inaugural biofuel flight , continuing the Navy’s move toward energy independence.
The aircraft, from the “Salty Dogs” of Air Test and Evaluation Squadron 23, flew on a biofuel blend of JP-5 aviation fuel and camelina oil. The camelina seed contains 30 to 40 percent oil.
The Prowler is the first aircraft in the electronic warfare category to fly on a biofuel blend.
Additional aircraft scheduled for biofuel testing include the AV-8B Harrier and the Fire Scout unmanned helicopter.
Energy Manager News
- Efficiency Project Complete in Meriden, CT
- BuildingIQ Makes 2 Moves
- Constellation Acquiring Retail Electricity, Natural Gas Businesses from ConEdison Solutions
- Peninsula Clean Energy Authority Chooses Direct Energy as Supplier
- Energy Efficiency is Growing on Farms
- DC Pushes Renewables
- Stockton Tabs Ygrene for PACE Financing
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: July 22, 2016