Legal and General Property Launches Green Leases
The U.K.-based property fund manager has issued a memorandum of green lease principles – including clauses relating to the use of environmental contractors and upholding energy performance certificates – that will now be considered whenever it drafts a standard lease.
Additional conditions set out in the lease include the implementation of a recycling strategy, and an agreement by both parties to meet regularly to discuss such issues as energy consumption and the use of grey water. Leases may also include energy reduction targets, monitoring data and other green initiatives, LGP says.
In August last year, Andrea Carruthers, a partner in the real estate group at Faegre & Benson and contributor to Environmental Leader, wrote a best practice guide for tenants negotiating green leases.
Energy Manager News
- Price of Carbon Credits Rises In Europe, Which is a Good Thing
- Iowa Utilities Get Pushback on Plans for Higher Rooftop Solar Rates
- Driving Energy Efficiency in Leased Commercial Space is Complicated – and Worthwhile
- Will Co-Firing Natural Gas and Coal Meet Clean Power Plan Standards?
- Pitkin County (CO) Looks for Solar Opportunities
- Solar Panels Working as Promised for Iowa Company
- China and India: Doing the Unimaginable to Address Climate Change
- Maine Solar Bill That Advocates Claim Could Save $100M Is Vetoed by Governor LePage