Legal and General Property Launches Green Leases
The U.K.-based property fund manager has issued a memorandum of green lease principles – including clauses relating to the use of environmental contractors and upholding energy performance certificates – that will now be considered whenever it drafts a standard lease.
Additional conditions set out in the lease include the implementation of a recycling strategy, and an agreement by both parties to meet regularly to discuss such issues as energy consumption and the use of grey water. Leases may also include energy reduction targets, monitoring data and other green initiatives, LGP says.
In August last year, Andrea Carruthers, a partner in the real estate group at Faegre & Benson and contributor to Environmental Leader, wrote a best practice guide for tenants negotiating green leases.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Go It Alone When Retrofitting
- LinkedIn Campus Gets Mobile EV Charging
- Many Vendors Vie for Lighting Controls Business
- Johnson Controls Opens Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) Training Center
- Acquiring Renewable Energy Should Be Easier, Facebook Says
- Energy Upgrades at School District Financed by NY Power Authority
- Fusing System Helps Solar Customers with Overcurrent Protection
- ABM Joins Balboa Park Sustainability Council