Gillette Hails Packaging Innovation
Mike Marcinkowski, principal engineer for research and development at Gillette, told the conference that new packaging for the company’s Fusion ProGlide razors is easier to open, more sustainable and lighter than the previous incarnation, Packaging Digest reports.
Only 1 percent of the new packaging is scrapped, Marcinkowski said.
More news from Pack Expo comes from Ecologic. The company has used the conference to unveil its Eco.bottle line of stock-molded fiber bottles.
Eco.bottles are comprised of a molded fiber shell made from recycled cardboard and newspapers, and a thin interior plastic pouch. The inner pouch uses up to 70 percent less plastic than rigid plastic HDPE bottles, Ecologic says.
IPak used the conference to launch the RP-100. The company says it is North America’s first returnable plastic container erector. The machine forms reusable plastic containers, while reducing labor costs and repetitive strain injuries related to forming returnable plastic trays by hand, the company says.
In other packaging news, S.C.A.’s Packaging Industrial Division has won the Champion and Gold Awards for sustainable bulk liquid carrier at the Starpack Packaging and Design Awards.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Go It Alone When Retrofitting
- LinkedIn Campus Gets Mobile EV Charging
- Many Vendors Vie for Lighting Controls Business
- Johnson Controls Opens Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) Training Center
- Acquiring Renewable Energy Should Be Easier, Facebook Says
- Energy Upgrades at School District Financed by NY Power Authority
- Fusing System Helps Solar Customers with Overcurrent Protection
- ABM Joins Balboa Park Sustainability Council