BP Plans Olympic Offset World Record
The body, which is oil giant BP’s not-for-profit carbon management arm, is hoping to sign up enough spectators to set a new world record for the largest offset as measured by number of participants.
Olympic ticketholders can sign up using BP Target Neutral’s London 2012 web page or its Facebook page.
In early September, the organizers of the London 2012 Olympic Games dropped plans to offset all of the event’s carbon emissions, blaming requirements that such offset projects would have been located abroad.
The London Olympics’ pledge to offset its emissions was part of the bid that helped it beat off competition from eight other potential host cities.
Energy Manager News
- Efficiency Project Complete in Meriden, CT
- BuildingIQ Makes 2 Moves
- Constellation Acquiring Retail Electricity, Natural Gas Businesses from ConEdison Solutions
- Peninsula Clean Energy Authority Chooses Direct Energy as Supplier
- Energy Efficiency is Growing on Farms
- DC Pushes Renewables
- Stockton Tabs Ygrene for PACE Financing
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: July 22, 2016