Constellation Breaks Ground on Maryland’s Largest Solar Array
It is the largest solar power plant currently under construction in Maryland, according to the energy company.
Part of the State of Maryland’s Generating Clean Horizons initiative, the roughly $60 million solar facility will be financed, owned and operated by Constellation.
Maryland’s Department of General Services and the University System of Maryland will purchase electricity produced by the system under 20-year solar power purchase agreements.
The system is scheduled for operation in early 2012 and is expected to produce more than 22 million kilowatt hours of electricity per year, Constellation says.
In June, the release of Constellation’s 2010 corporate social responsibility report, revealed that the proportion of electricity it was producing from combustion sources had risen.
The report said that the increase was due to a sell-off of Constellation’s equity in nuclear power plants.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Making a Powerful Impact with Solar Proposals in Canada and Beyond
- Renovate America Lands $90M Investment
- Automated Building Envelope Sealing Technology Previewed
- Telecom Towers in India Switching to Hydrogen Fuel Cells
- Energy Star Certified Dehumidifier Introduced
- ESG Upgrades Schools in Alabama, Illinois
- Shedding a Light on Marijuana Growth
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts