JP Morgan, Starbucks and Chevron Top Industry Corporate Citizenry Rankings
The winners in each category are:
- Financials/Insurance/Real Estate – JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- Information Technology – International Business Machines Corp.
- Materials – E.I. DuPont De Nemours & Co.
- Customer Items – Mattel, Inc.
- Media & Entertainment – Starbucks Corp.
- Business Services – Accenture Plc.
- Consumer Staples – Campbell Soup Co.
- Utilities – Pinnacle West Capital Corp.
- Energy – Chevron Corp.
- Healthcare – Bristol-Myers Squibb Co.
The magazine releases an annual top 100 corporate citizens list, which this year was won by Johnson Controls, but this is the first time the magazine has released a ranking of industry-specific top tens.
Corporate Responsibility has also named the winners of its Responsible CEO of the Year awards.
The winners of the 2011 awards are:
- Donald Knauss, Chairman and CEO of The Clorox Company
- Fred Krupp, President of the Environmental Defense Fund
- Paul Rooke, Chairman and CEO of Lexmark
In July, the magazine released its first ever “Black List” of the Russell 1000 companies that tied for bottom ranking when compiling information for the top 100.
DreamWorks, Nasdaq and Madison Square Garden were three of the 58 companies named-and-shamed.
Energy Manager News
- Making the IoT Work for Building Managers
- Thereās Nothing More Sacred Than Coal in Coal Country. Ask Hillary Clinton
- SunPower and the Army Work on Solar Project in Alabama
- Climate and Energy Policies Working
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending April 29, 2016
- Xcel Energy Files to Refund $15M to Colorado Electric Customers
- New Retail Marketplace, MassEnergyRates.com, Launches in the Bay State
- Will Utilities Lease Rooftops of Commercial Buildings for Solar Power Generation?