JP Morgan, Starbucks and Chevron Top Industry Corporate Citizenry Rankings
JP Morgan Chase & Co., Starbucks Corp. and Chevron Corp. are three of the winners named in Corporate Responsibility Magazine’s 10 Best Corporate Citizens rankings by industry.
The winners in each category are:
- Financials/Insurance/Real Estate – JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- Information Technology – International Business Machines Corp.
- Materials – E.I. DuPont De Nemours & Co.
- Customer Items – Mattel, Inc.
- Media & Entertainment – Starbucks Corp.
- Business Services – Accenture Plc.
- Consumer Staples – Campbell Soup Co.
- Utilities – Pinnacle West Capital Corp.
- Energy – Chevron Corp.
- Healthcare – Bristol-Myers Squibb Co.
The magazine releases an annual top 100 corporate citizens list, which this year was won by Johnson Controls, but this is the first time the magazine has released a ranking of industry-specific top tens.
Corporate Responsibility has also named the winners of its Responsible CEO of the Year awards.
The winners of the 2011 awards are:
- Donald Knauss, Chairman and CEO of The Clorox Company
- Fred Krupp, President of the Environmental Defense Fund
- Paul Rooke, Chairman and CEO of Lexmark
In July, the magazine released its first ever “Black List” of the Russell 1000 companies that tied for bottom ranking when compiling information for the top 100.
DreamWorks, Nasdaq and Madison Square Garden were three of the 58 companies named-and-shamed.
Energy Manager News
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along
- Maine Businesses Shut Out of Power Program
- Stay Cool This Summer While Avoiding These Common Summer Pitfalls
- Coalition Seeks to Stop SCE&G’s Blank Check
- NARUC Releases DER Draft Rate Design Manual
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Pushing Sustainability, Efficiency with Green Leases
- The Tricky World of Portable Commercial Air Conditioners