JP Morgan, Starbucks and Chevron Top Industry Corporate Citizenry Rankings
JP Morgan Chase & Co., Starbucks Corp. and Chevron Corp. are three of the winners named in Corporate Responsibility Magazine’s 10 Best Corporate Citizens rankings by industry.
The winners in each category are:
- Financials/Insurance/Real Estate – JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- Information Technology – International Business Machines Corp.
- Materials – E.I. DuPont De Nemours & Co.
- Customer Items – Mattel, Inc.
- Media & Entertainment – Starbucks Corp.
- Business Services – Accenture Plc.
- Consumer Staples – Campbell Soup Co.
- Utilities – Pinnacle West Capital Corp.
- Energy – Chevron Corp.
- Healthcare – Bristol-Myers Squibb Co.
The magazine releases an annual top 100 corporate citizens list, which this year was won by Johnson Controls, but this is the first time the magazine has released a ranking of industry-specific top tens.
Corporate Responsibility has also named the winners of its Responsible CEO of the Year awards.
The winners of the 2011 awards are:
- Donald Knauss, Chairman and CEO of The Clorox Company
- Fred Krupp, President of the Environmental Defense Fund
- Paul Rooke, Chairman and CEO of Lexmark
In July, the magazine released its first ever “Black List” of the Russell 1000 companies that tied for bottom ranking when compiling information for the top 100.
DreamWorks, Nasdaq and Madison Square Garden were three of the 58 companies named-and-shamed.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform