Cabot Wins Utility Incentive for Saving 4m kWh
Cabot used its incentives from the ActOnEnergy program to pay for improvements to lighting and compressed air systems. The facility produces fumed silica, an ultra-fine, high-purity particle used as a reinforcing, thickening, abrasive, thixotropic, suspending and anti-caking agent.
ActOnEnergy offers incentive programs and advice for businesses of all sizes and types. It is funded through a charge customer electric and natural gas bills, mandated by state law.
Ameren has announced that a total of $18 million in incentives is available for business energy efficiency projects completed between June 1, 2011 and May 31, 2012. Applications are now being accepted.
The company has not been able to carry the same kinds of programs in every state. In February, Ameren Missouri said it plans to cut energy efficiency investments by $5 million next year, down from $25 million this year, in an effort to bolster its bottom line.
Ameren Missouri said it needs to cut its energy efficiency program because state rules donâ€™t allow the utility to recover costs quickly enough.
In May the the Jackson (Mich.) Citizen Patriot reported that utility Consumers Energy was expected to earn $8.5 million from its energy efficiency program in 2011. The Michigan utility is due receive a financial reward from customer surcharges because it has adhered to the stateâ€™s energy efficiency mandate, which requires the biggest utilities to work with customers to reduce electric sales by 5.5 percent and gas sales by 3.85 percent by 2015.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Con Edison Development Procures GE Energy Storage System
- Courthouse Replaces Oversized Boiler
- Indoor Farming Company Works on HVAC with PUE 1.0
- Toolkits Designed to Help Health Care Facilities Reduce Energy
- San Antonio Macyâ€™s Store Showcases Better Buildings Challenge Measures
- Natural Gas Gensets to Reach 27 GW of Installed Capacity by 2024
- Larson Releases a Solar Powered Generator with Manual Crank Mast
- Energy Efficiency in Food Service Businesses