GreenPrint Software Seeks the Most Efficient Printer for the Job
GreenPrint Advisor (screenshot above) categorizes all printers in a corporate environment as either “red,” “yellow,” or “green,” based on the printer’s cost and efficiency attributes.
When a user prints to a red or yellow printer, and a green printer is available, Advisor pops up with a message highlighting the undesirability of the selected printer and the savings possible if the job is transferred to the green printer. The user can then move the print job with a single click, creating substantial savings, GreenPrint says.
IT administrators can also tailor the color coding and attach customer per-page costs to each printer.
Advisor can also spot locally-connected printers not on the network and not easily detectable by administrators. Not only will the software recommend that users redirect print jobs away from these typically inefficient devices, but it will also notify administrators of the printers’ presence, potentially saving millions of dollars a year at a large company, GreenPrint says.
The software maker says that Advisor seamlessly integrates into its existing suite of print management software, with financial metrics tracked and managed by GreenPrint Analytics.
Canon offers similar software with its UniFLOW application. This printing software provides companies with control over their printer and multi-function printer (MFP) fleet, with the ability to track print and copy costs, and route jobs from expensive “local” printers to inexpensive MFPs.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Incentive Program Helps Companies Afford Energy Managers
- ARPA-E Issues Grants for Solar Modules
- C-PACE Financing Innovation to Help Connecticut Green Energy Sector
- Orion Wins School District Contracts, Increases Chances for Incentives
- Study: Smartest ‘Smart Building’ Owners Come from Retail, Manufacturing, Construction
- Low Cost IoT Solutions, Data Driven Analytics to Propel Energy Mgmt Market
- A Clean Energy Future in Sight
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant