GE and Diversey Partner to Reduce Water in Cleaning Processes
The companies say their announcement comes after a successful pilot of the alliance over the past year. Under the terms of the agreement, Sealed Airâ€™s Diversey team will sell and service GEâ€™s water treatment chemicals, water and process equipment, membrane and cartridge filtration products, analytical instruments and energy management systems.
The pilot sought to demonstrate the link between water treatment and cleaning and sanitation processes. The companies said this led to demonstrable improvements in water use and conservation as well as the overall efficiency of customer operations.
Heiner Markhoff, president and CEO for water and process technologies at GE Power & Water, said Diversey’s leadership in the food and beverage sector was particularly attractive to his company.
GEâ€™s water-related portfolio includes a number of products qualified under its Ecomagination strategy to address energy, efficiency and water challenges. These are: ABMet, advanced membrane, desalination, E-Cell electrodeionization system, electrodialysis reversal (EDR), GenGard cooling water solution and ZeeWeed membrane technologies.
Last month GE signed a partnership agreement with global brewer Anheuser-Busch InBev, the first such agreement for GE Energy in the food and beverage sector. The two companies will develop manufacturing solutions for energy efficiency and water savings in more than 35 existing and planned AB InBev facilities across China.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls