GE and Diversey Partner to Reduce Water in Cleaning Processes
The companies say their announcement comes after a successful pilot of the alliance over the past year. Under the terms of the agreement, Sealed Airâ€™s Diversey team will sell and service GEâ€™s water treatment chemicals, water and process equipment, membrane and cartridge filtration products, analytical instruments and energy management systems.
The pilot sought to demonstrate the link between water treatment and cleaning and sanitation processes. The companies said this led to demonstrable improvements in water use and conservation as well as the overall efficiency of customer operations.
Heiner Markhoff, president and CEO for water and process technologies at GE Power & Water, said Diversey’s leadership in the food and beverage sector was particularly attractive to his company.
GEâ€™s water-related portfolio includes a number of products qualified under its Ecomagination strategy to address energy, efficiency and water challenges. These are: ABMet, advanced membrane, desalination, E-Cell electrodeionization system, electrodialysis reversal (EDR), GenGard cooling water solution and ZeeWeed membrane technologies.
Last month GE signed a partnership agreement with global brewer Anheuser-Busch InBev, the first such agreement for GE Energy in the food and beverage sector. The two companies will develop manufacturing solutions for energy efficiency and water savings in more than 35 existing and planned AB InBev facilities across China.
Energy Manager News
- Wisconsin Power & Light Files for Higher Residential Base Rates, Lower Commercial Rates
- NMPRC Orders Extension in PNM Rate Case
- US Military Taking No Risks by Going Green, Saving Lives and Energy
- Affordable Housing Pushes Energy Efficiency
- Controlling Air Conditioners
- ZTE, Tancent Develop Modular Data Center
- First Quarter 2016: Green Energy Growing Faster than Natural Gas
- Delmarva Power Asks for Over $80M in Electric and Gas Base Rate Hikes