SAIC to Reduce Emissions by 25% by 2020
SAIC will utilize in-house engineers who specialize in tackling energy challenges to help meet the new goal. The company is also developing employee education programs to help improve environmental and energy awareness.
Since 2005, SAIC says it has tracked greenhouse gas emissions and implemented changes to reduce its impact on the environment. The company says that these changes have provided a positive return on investment and a platform for the demonstration of the company’s energy and environmental solutions.
Earlier this week, cell phone firm Sprint upped its carbon reduction goal by 5 percentage points as it joined the World Wildlife Fund’s Climate Savers Program.
The company now aims to reduce scope 1 and 2 emissions by 20 percent by 2017, from a 2007 baseline.
Energy Manager News
- Tracking the Exciting World of Solar Energy Research
- Colorado Mixing Solar, Weatherization
- Lighting Sector: 4% CAGR Through 2020
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: August 19, 2016
- New Hampshire Town Resists Door-to-Door Sales
- Minnesota Commerce Department Challenges Otter Tail Power Rate Hike
- An Interesting Summer for PACE
- AAMA Offers Fenestration Course