SAIC to Reduce Emissions by 25% by 2020
SAIC will utilize in-house engineers who specialize in tackling energy challenges to help meet the new goal. The company is also developing employee education programs to help improve environmental and energy awareness.
Since 2005, SAIC says it has tracked greenhouse gas emissions and implemented changes to reduce its impact on the environment. The company says that these changes have provided a positive return on investment and a platform for the demonstration of the company’s energy and environmental solutions.
Earlier this week, cell phone firm Sprint upped its carbon reduction goal by 5 percentage points as it joined the World Wildlife Fund’s Climate Savers Program.
The company now aims to reduce scope 1 and 2 emissions by 20 percent by 2017, from a 2007 baseline.
Energy Manager News
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency
- CA, MA Tie for ACEEE Top Spot
- Integrated Dimmer/LED from Energy Focus
- In Duluth, This Month’s Utility Bills Include a Little Something Extra
- PSEG Surreptitiously Starts Retail Energy Supplier
- New Refrigerant Rules Will Have Long Term Impact
- Building Data Platform from Leviton
- Athens, OH, Nears $4.28M Retrofit Project