SageSim Launches Retrofit ROI Simulator
SageSim-es is a web-based application that uses variables such as a building’s energy consumption, possible efficiency upgrades, potential investment in renewable energy and federal, state, and local economic incentives to calculate a return on investment figure and present it in a spreadsheet-style interface (pictured).
The interface allows users to amend figures and model “what if” scenarios, for each variable.
Given the number of complex variables in such projects, using this automated approach gives a reading far more accurate that manually calculated ROI figures, SageSim says.
SageSim-es is aimed at architects, LEED consultants and renewable energy system providers, the company says.
A report released in September by U.K. low-carbon advocacy group Carbon Trust says that businesses that invest in renewable energy could make average returns of 11 to 12 percent, with the potential for returns in excess of 20 percent.
The Case For Renewables in U.K. Business says that new financial incentives, energy market trends and building regulations are combining to create “a compelling case” for British businesses to generate their own renewable energy.
Energy Manager News
- Energy-as-a-Service: Charting a Path Through Complexity
- Demand Energy, EnerSys Complete Storage Project
- Lunera Intros Pathway and Entryway LED
- FPL to Buy and Phase Out Coal-Powered Plant, Saving Customers $129M
- Environmental, Health and Safety Software Moves Forward
- Johnson Controls: Interest, Investment in Energy Efficiency Up
- First-Ever Statewide Endorsement of Retail Supplier, by Delaware, Goes to Direct Energy
- Oberlin, Ohio, Ratepayers to Receive $2.2M in Rebates for Sale of RECs