SageSim Launches Retrofit ROI Simulator
SageSim-es is a web-based application that uses variables such as a building’s energy consumption, possible efficiency upgrades, potential investment in renewable energy and federal, state, and local economic incentives to calculate a return on investment figure and present it in a spreadsheet-style interface (pictured).
The interface allows users to amend figures and model “what if” scenarios, for each variable.
Given the number of complex variables in such projects, using this automated approach gives a reading far more accurate that manually calculated ROI figures, SageSim says.
SageSim-es is aimed at architects, LEED consultants and renewable energy system providers, the company says.
A report released in September by U.K. low-carbon advocacy group Carbon Trust says that businesses that invest in renewable energy could make average returns of 11 to 12 percent, with the potential for returns in excess of 20 percent.
The Case For Renewables in U.K. Business says that new financial incentives, energy market trends and building regulations are combining to create “a compelling case” for British businesses to generate their own renewable energy.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B