SageSim Launches Retrofit ROI Simulator
SageSim-es is a web-based application that uses variables such as a building’s energy consumption, possible efficiency upgrades, potential investment in renewable energy and federal, state, and local economic incentives to calculate a return on investment figure and present it in a spreadsheet-style interface (pictured).
The interface allows users to amend figures and model “what if” scenarios, for each variable.
Given the number of complex variables in such projects, using this automated approach gives a reading far more accurate that manually calculated ROI figures, SageSim says.
SageSim-es is aimed at architects, LEED consultants and renewable energy system providers, the company says.
A report released in September by U.K. low-carbon advocacy group Carbon Trust says that businesses that invest in renewable energy could make average returns of 11 to 12 percent, with the potential for returns in excess of 20 percent.
The Case For Renewables in U.K. Business says that new financial incentives, energy market trends and building regulations are combining to create “a compelling case” for British businesses to generate their own renewable energy.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Efficiency and Waste Disposal Grow Closer
- Worcester School Gets Grant to Complete LED Retrofit
- Cree Recalls Lamps
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- Atlantic City Electric Rate Increase Settled; PowerAhead Funding Deferred to Phase II
- TVA Reduces Budget Requirements and Continues Investing in Cleaner Power
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report