Practice Greenhealth Launches Green Medical Procurement Tool
The tool, which can be downloaded here, is intended to serve as a template with a common set of standardized questions on key environmentally preferable attributes of medical products. The questions can be used by all stakeholders, including group purchasing organizations and health care purchasers in their supply chain procurement process and manufacturers and suppliers in their entire product life cycle process, Practice Greenhealth says.
Questions were selected with input from organizations representing various sectors of the health care industry, including hospitals, health systems and suppliers, GPOs, nonprofit organizations and government agencies, according to Practice Greenhealth.
GPOs initially endorsing the product include Amerinet Inc., HealthTrust Purchasing Group, MedAssets Inc., Novation LLC, and Premier Inc.
The program is part of Practice Greenhealth’s Greening the Supply Chain initiative launched earlier this year, which the group says the initiative should provoke a sector-wide market shift towards environmentally sound procurement.
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store