Solar Briefing: SPI 2011 News, University of Gothenburg, Standard Solar, Samba Energy
Canadian Solar has used the 2011 Solar Power International conference in Dallas to launch its Intelligrated Power module series. The Intelligrated CommercialAC is the first three-phase grid-ready AC solar module and inverter combination designed specifically for commercial installations, the company says.
LG Electronics is showcasing its new high-efficiency solar modules and cell technology at the Dallas expo. The LG Mono X (pictured) and LG Multi X solar modules are 8.3 percent and 4.3 percent more efficient, respectively, than conventional models, LG says.
Semiconductor manufacturer STMicroelectronics has launched its SPV1020 solar energy booster and SPV1040 solar charger at the SPI conference. The company’s booster aims to improve the efficiency of photovoltaic systems. The charger suits mobile phones and other portable electronic devices.
Researchers at the University of Gothenburg have launched a tool that can calculate the magnitude of solar incidence for every rooftop within a town, reports Environmental Protection. Researchers have used Solar Energy from Existing Structures to map the solar potential of the rooftops in Gothenburg. The tool will be free to companies and municipalities.
Standard Solar Inc. is developing a 191 kW solar electric system for Maryland real-estate company The Brick Companies. The ground mount solar electric system consisting of more than 800 panels will be built at a TBC development on Maryland’s Eastern Shore.
Samba Energy is to buy BYD solar panels and inverters for use immediately in 1.2 MW of solar installations in the North East and Pacific regions. This initial partnership includes equipment for a few select schools and commercial buildings and will be expanded to 10 MW by the first quarter of 2012.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending June 26
- Final Energy Conservation Standards for Packaged Terminal Air Conditioners Mirror ASHRAE/IES Standard 90.1-2013
- Seeley International Acquires Coolerado
- Joule Assets Becomes Demand Response Provider in Texas
- Excalibur Energy Becomes Preferred Supplier for Facilities Management Firm
- Product Warranty Covers Both Insulated Roof Panels, Solar PV
- Combining Solar with Ground Heat Pump Is Energy, Cost Efficient
- Current Clamps Measure Energy for Small Businesses