CDP Launches Supplier Emissions Scoring
FirstCarbon Solutions will score submissions from nearly 1,300 suppliers in the next few months to determine both their climate change performance and the quality of their disclosure.
That information will feed back to over 50 brands, including Pepsico and Walmart, to help them benchmark performance of existing and potential suppliers, and aid them in seeking seek year-on-year improvements.
The CDP information request will ask for performance data on strategy, governance, and GHG emissions management.
Recently Microsoft and Ford both launched efforts aimed at increasing the amount of information available on their vendors’ commitments to social and environmental policies.
Sprint announced that it will partner with device manufacturers and suppliers to measure, report and reduce their emissions. The partnership will address consumption from hardware, operating systems and applications.
And earlier this month the Greenhouse Gas Protocol published two standards to help businesses measure, manage and report GHG emissions beyond their own operations, including the finalized version of long-awaited scope 3 guidance. Scope 3 emissions can represent the largest source of emissions for companies and present the most significant opportunities to influence GHG reductions, the Protocol said.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management