Site Matches Effluent Producers and Users; Software Analyzes Supplier Footprints
Consulting firm CH2M HILL is launching WaterMatch, a free social networking site to help industry and agriculture find source of effluent for water re-use.
On the site (pictured) water users can find wastewater treatment plants close to their current and potential future operations and then connect with the utilities operating those plants. CH2M hill says the system is needed because municipal effluent reuse rates are low: just 14 percent in the U.S. and in China, and four percent in Mexico, according to Global Water Intelligence.
The consultancy says WaterMatch has the support of more than 200 global businesses through the World Business Council for Sustainable Development, IPIECA (the global organization of oil and gas companies) and numerous individual municipalities.
Trucost and Rosslyn Analytics have announced what they call the worldâ€™s first sustainable procurement app. The app allows procurement, supply chain and corporate social responsibility departments to calculate and manage the carbon and water footprint of every supplier in their supply chain across the world in seconds, the vendors say.
The new app runs on Rosslyn Analyticsâ€™ web-based RA.Pid data management and reporting platform. Users upload an Excel spreadsheet with spend data onto the platform for processing, and a few minutes later receive analysis of the highest water usage and carbon emissions by supplier, spend category and region.
The site will then automatically assign a risk rating according to regional factors that could impact corporate profits and/or continuity of supply.
The app costs $650 per month and includes one license to RA.Pid for Excel.
GreenSoft Technology has released a new version of GreenData Manager, which now generates product disclosure reports as IPC-1752A Class A and D XML data files.
IPC-1752A is a reporting format standard for material declaration data exchange through the supply chain. The standard enables much more efficient exchange of information necessary to address compliance with regulations like EU RoHS and REACH SVHC, GreenSoft says.
Other enhancements include:
- New rules for Rare Earth substances and Conflict Minerals
- GDMâ€™s Substance Master now contains over 24,000 CAS substances
- Continual updates reflecting changes to the REACH SVHC Candidate List and RoHS exemptions
Finally, BWise has launched software for sustainability performance management. BWise SPM integrates the management of sustainability risks into daily operations, following a risk management approach. BWise said the offering will help companies efficiently collect and analyze sustainability performance information and report it up to the corporate level.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Con Edison Development Procures GE Energy Storage System
- Courthouse Replaces Oversized Boiler
- Indoor Farming Company Works on HVAC with PUE 1.0
- Toolkits Designed to Help Health Care Facilities Reduce Energy
- San Antonio Macyâ€™s Store Showcases Better Buildings Challenge Measures
- Natural Gas Gensets to Reach 27 GW of Installed Capacity by 2024
- Larson Releases a Solar Powered Generator with Manual Crank Mast
- Energy Efficiency in Food Service Businesses