Austin, Texas, Joins US’s Top Ten Renewable Energy Buyers
The only municipality to purchase more green power that Austin is the City of Houston. Houston buys 438 million kwh of renewable power a year, powering 34 percent of the cityâ€™s activities and placing it fourth on the list.
IT giant Intel Corporation is currently the largest consumer of renewable energy in the United States. It currently consumes 2.5 billion kwh per year and has topped the list since January 2008.
Kohlâ€™s Department Stores with 1.4 billion kwh a year and Whole Foods Markets with 752 million kwh annually Â rank second and third on the list.
For a chart of the organizations buying 100 percent green power, ranked by kWh purchased, click here.
For a chart of the top ten users of on-site power generation, ranked by kWh of generation, click here.
Energy Manager News
- Making the IoT Work for Building Managers
- Thereâ€™s Nothing More Sacred Than Coal in Coal Country. Ask Hillary Clinton
- SunPower and the Army Work on Solar Project in Alabama
- Climate and Energy Policies Working
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending April 29, 2016
- Xcel Energy Files to Refund $15M to Colorado Electric Customers
- New Retail Marketplace, MassEnergyRates.com, Launches in the Bay State
- Will Utilities Lease Rooftops of Commercial Buildings for Solar Power Generation?