Austin, Texas, Joins US’s Top Ten Renewable Energy Buyers
The only municipality to purchase more green power that Austin is the City of Houston. Houston buys 438 million kwh of renewable power a year, powering 34 percent of the cityâ€™s activities and placing it fourth on the list.
IT giant Intel Corporation is currently the largest consumer of renewable energy in the United States. It currently consumes 2.5 billion kwh per year and has topped the list since January 2008.
Kohlâ€™s Department Stores with 1.4 billion kwh a year and Whole Foods Markets with 752 million kwh annually Â rank second and third on the list.
For a chart of the organizations buying 100 percent green power, ranked by kWh purchased, click here.
For a chart of the top ten users of on-site power generation, ranked by kWh of generation, click here.
Energy Manager News
- Featured Project of the Year: Atlas Box Deploys Digital Lumens for Energy Intelligence
- Businesses Find that Itâ€™s Possible to Save Moneyâ€“and the Environment
- Duquesne Light Building Experimental Microgrid
- Las Cruces Moving to LEDs, Solar
- Intelligence and Automation to Drive Growth of Smart Cities
- Energy Manager Today Product & Project of the Year Award Winners Announced
- Mobility, The IoT Gradually Transform HVAC
- Bill Gates-Led Group, India Establishing Energy Funds