Social Networking Site Aims to Link Sustainability Professionals
In development for two years, Wizness has been in private beta for the past three months. It offers discussion groups on topics ranging from supply chain management, energy, carbon and water usage to ethical business data and global rankings.
Sedex, a membership organization that promotes ethical business practices in global supply chains, has also been a part of the beta. General manager Carmel Giblin says the organization plans to use Wizness to reach its 23,000+ supplier members.
In other software news, Noesis Energy has acquired Managing Energy, a provider of energy management and analytics software with more than 6,000 buildings under management. Noesis says this acquisition will serve as the foundation for its cloud-based energy management platform, which combines free analytics tools, energy market data, educational resources and a community of experts to help in-house energy managers and third-party consultants make more informed energy management decisions. The service is expected to debut in early 2012.
Finally, Actio has announced three key updates to its Material Disclosure web-based software for manufacturing quality assurance systems. The new features are an IPC1752 xml schema importer and generator, enhanced supplier contact management tools, and advanced supplier response query tools, the company says.
Energy Manager News
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshire’s Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuum’s Retail Energy Services Division
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned
- Energy Managers Buoyed By Supreme Court’s Demand Response Decision
- Dover, N.H., Saves More Than Projected Under EPC
- Datacenters Underestimating Coal Use
- Transmission Upgrades Give SPP a $240M ‘Bang for the Buck’