Noesis Energy Reveals ‘Freemium’ Business Model
The company is hoping this “freemium” model will develop a “community of suggestions” around the gratis software upon which it can base new chargeable services, Cnet reports.
If it can get enough customers to use the system, Noesis hopes to develop a large database of energy efficiency information, which it could then use to create efficiency plans or highlight successful efficiency programs in buildings of a similar size to those owned by customers’, Cnet reports.
Energy efficiency product manufacturer Serious Energy Inc. has acquired Agilewaves, Inc., a building energy management technology company.
As a result of the deal, Agilewaves’ Building Optimization System will be integrated with Serious Energy’s energy efficiency software platform.
The U.S. EPA and Canadian government ministry Natural Resources Canada have signed an agreement that will create a common platform for measuring and assessing the energy performance of commercial buildings in both countries.
The deal will see the EPA’s Energy Star Portfolio Manager software – currently being used to track and rate the energy performance of U.S. commercial buildings – performing that task in Canada.
More than 400 builders have agreed to develop Energy Star qualified homes in 2012, the EPA has announced. Six of the country’s largest builders, Ashton Woods Homes, Beazer Homes, KB Home, Meritage Homes, M/I Homes and NVR. Inc., have all made corporate commitments to meeting the new requirements.
Energy Manager News
- Under Hawaiian Electric’s New TOU Pilot Plan, Time Is Money
- SCE&G Retail Rate Adjustment Will Be Close to Break-Even for Customers
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy
- Insider ‘Outs’ Misleading Strategy Behind Florida’s Solar Amendment 1
- Mississippi Watchdog: Kemper Syngas Operations Could Raise Costs by 288%
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida