Database Will Benchmark Thousands of Reports, GRI Says
GRI said the Sustainability Disclosure Database includes data on the sustainability and environmental, social and governance (ESG) transparency of over three thousand companies. This information was previously hard to find, but GRI said the new database will make the data easily accessible for companies and investors alike.
Any organization can upload a sustainability report and profile information to the database, which will help them engage with stakeholders and get feedback, GRI said. A global team of 22 GRI “data partners” will also collect information from companies in their regions, to populate the database.
José Luis Blasco Vázquez, the partner in charge of climate change and sustainability services for EMA region at KPMG, said the database will help investors access more robust information and will bring sustainability data into closer alignment with financial reporting data. KPMG Spain and it software provider Baetica provided support for the website, which is available in English and Spanish.
In July, representatives from GRI and the Carbon Disclosure Project told an Environmental Leader webinar that the organizations’ services are evolving to help companies at every stage of their reporting.
One of these services, CDP Analytics, uses SAP software to provide reports that can help with benchmarking performance and showcasing best practice. DuPont is using this software to examine data on leading sustainable companies, and is sharing this data with internal strategy teams.
Energy Manager News
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures
- CA School District to Get 73% of Energy From Solar Carports
- Two Critical Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Current Energy Contract
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger
- ICC Issues Stringent Consumer Protection Rules For Retail Electric Suppliers
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool