Kimberly-Clark Taps EnerNOC for Demand Response
The household products manufacturer will use EnerNOC’s DemandSMART application to reduce energy usage at its Huntsville, Ontario, mill when demand for electricity is at its peak or capacity is needed elsewhere on the grid.
Through its participation, Kimberly-Clark will provide enough capacity to power more than 2,500 homes, EnerNOC says.
During the July heatwave, EnerNOC reported that the DemandSMART network was dispatched at record levels.
On July 22, as severe heat swept across North America and demand for power soared, EnerNOC provided 1,230 MW of demand response resources to grid operators including the mid-Atlantic’s PJM Interconnection, the New York Independent System Operator, the Ontario Power Authority, and ISO-New England.
On that day, PJM recorded its highest ever demand at 158,450 MW of power.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Efficiency and Waste Disposal Grow Closer
- Worcester School Gets Grant to Complete LED Retrofit
- Cree Recalls Lamps
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- Atlantic City Electric Rate Increase Settled; PowerAhead Funding Deferred to Phase II
- TVA Reduces Budget Requirements and Continues Investing in Cleaner Power
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report