Kimberly-Clark Taps EnerNOC for Demand Response
The household products manufacturer will use EnerNOC’s DemandSMART application to reduce energy usage at its Huntsville, Ontario, mill when demand for electricity is at its peak or capacity is needed elsewhere on the grid.
Through its participation, Kimberly-Clark will provide enough capacity to power more than 2,500 homes, EnerNOC says.
During the July heatwave, EnerNOC reported that the DemandSMART network was dispatched at record levels.
On July 22, as severe heat swept across North America and demand for power soared, EnerNOC provided 1,230 MW of demand response resources to grid operators including the mid-Atlantic’s PJM Interconnection, the New York Independent System Operator, the Ontario Power Authority, and ISO-New England.
On that day, PJM recorded its highest ever demand at 158,450 MW of power.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Summer Weather Spawns Thermostat Wars
- New Yorkers ‘Share’ Renewables
- Portable EV Charging Technology Used by California Government
- Siemens Monitors Condition of Motors
- Berkeley Enacts New Building Energy Saving Ordinance
- Medical Center Raises Energy Star Score from 21 to 70
- Stadium Saves 40% on Energy with LEDs
- Prescolite Adds to LED Portfolio