Kimberly-Clark Taps EnerNOC for Demand Response
The household products manufacturer will use EnerNOC’s DemandSMART application to reduce energy usage at its Huntsville, Ontario, mill when demand for electricity is at its peak or capacity is needed elsewhere on the grid.
Through its participation, Kimberly-Clark will provide enough capacity to power more than 2,500 homes, EnerNOC says.
During the July heatwave, EnerNOC reported that the DemandSMART network was dispatched at record levels.
On July 22, as severe heat swept across North America and demand for power soared, EnerNOC provided 1,230 MW of demand response resources to grid operators including the mid-Atlantic’s PJM Interconnection, the New York Independent System Operator, the Ontario Power Authority, and ISO-New England.
On that day, PJM recorded its highest ever demand at 158,450 MW of power.
Energy Manager News
- Put Safety First in LED Installations
- Microsoft: Data Centers to Use 50% Renewables by 2018
- Solar Installation Dedicated in Brooklyn
- Duke Energy SC Customers Have Reaped $5M in Solar Rebates Since Last October
- BidEnergy Launches Its ‘Source-to-Pay’ Process for Energy in U.S. Market
- Garden State Residential, Commercial Customers Will Pay Less for Gas This Winter
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures