Efficiency Company BlueStar Buys TruBrite
The acquisition builds upon BlueStar’s energy management offerings, which includes lighting controls, design and retrofits, energy monitoring and heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) controls. BlueStar also acts as an independent retail electricity supplier, unaffiliated with any utility, that sells electricity to businesses and households. It operates in Illinois, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, Ohio and Washington, D.C.
California-based TruBrite works with major utility energy efficiency programs to install lighting and control systems for commercial customers, schools and municipalities. The 14-year-old company says it has been the preferred supplier on more than 30,000 energy management projects.
The TruBrite brand name will continue to be used for BlueStar’s west coast operations.
Troy Hammond, BlueStar’s president of demand side management, said the acquisition will allow his company to more effectively conduct facility audits and perform installations across the country. TruBrite CEO Guy Morgan said BlueStar’s dual role as retail electric supplier and energy efficiency provider will help businesses get the most value out of their energy management programs.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland