Efficiency Company BlueStar Buys TruBrite
The acquisition builds upon BlueStar’s energy management offerings, which includes lighting controls, design and retrofits, energy monitoring and heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) controls. BlueStar also acts as an independent retail electricity supplier, unaffiliated with any utility, that sells electricity to businesses and households. It operates in Illinois, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, Ohio and Washington, D.C.
California-based TruBrite works with major utility energy efficiency programs to install lighting and control systems for commercial customers, schools and municipalities. The 14-year-old company says it has been the preferred supplier on more than 30,000 energy management projects.
The TruBrite brand name will continue to be used for BlueStar’s west coast operations.
Troy Hammond, BlueStar’s president of demand side management, said the acquisition will allow his company to more effectively conduct facility audits and perform installations across the country. TruBrite CEO Guy Morgan said BlueStar’s dual role as retail electric supplier and energy efficiency provider will help businesses get the most value out of their energy management programs.
Energy Manager News
- Mohegan Sun Pocono Casino Doesn’t Consider Cogeneration a Gamble
- Clean Power Plan: Obama’s Team Confident About Pitch to Supreme Court
- BuildingIQ Introduces Managed Services
- Solar Power Breakthrough Near?
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshire’s Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuum’s Retail Energy Services Division
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned