Motorola, Deutsche Bank, Bloomberg Sign up to Windmade Label
The companies will display this achievement using the “WindMade” badge – the worldâ€™s first wind power consumer label.
Firms using the label can source the wind powered portion of their electricity through a company-owned wind power generation facility, a long-term power purchase agreement for wind power, or the purchase of high quality renewable energy certificates approved by WindMade.
The exact percentage of the company’s wind energy share will be stated on the WindMade label.
WindMade’s founder companies are:
Motorola Mobility (mobile device and set-top manufacturer)
Deutsche Bank (financial services provider)
BD (medical technology)
Method (maker of home and personal care products)
Better Place (electric car infrastructure)
Widex (hearing aid manufacturer)
Droga5 (independent advertising agency)
G24 Innovation (solar energy)
Engraw (textile producer)
RenewAire (energy recovery ventilator firm)
TTTech (supplier of communication and control platforms)
Vestas Wind Systems (wind turbine manufacturer)
PwC DK (professional services)
Bloomberg (financial news and data service)
LEGO Group (toy manufacturer)
In related news, an auto dealer in Ohio has said the availability of government financial aid was a major factor in its decision to install wind turbines at two of its dealership locations.
George Kauffman, vice president of Byers Auto, said that without a $200,000 Ohio Department of Development Grant and Section 1603 of the federal tax code – an investment tax credit for renewable energy projects – the $600,000 installation would have been “a much harder pill to swallow.”
The company estimates the turbines will take three to five years of operation to pay for themselves in energy savings. A National Renewable Energy Laboratory case study of the project is available here.
Energy Manager News
- Driving Energy Efficiency in Leased Commercial Space is Complicated â€“ and Worthwhile
- Will Co-Firing Natural Gas and Coal Meet Clean Power Plan Standards?
- Pitkin County (CO) Looks for Solar Opportunities
- Solar Panels Working as Promised for Iowa Company
- China and India: Doing the Unimaginable to Address Climate Change
- Maine Solar Bill That Advocates Claim Could Save $100M Is Vetoed by Governor LePage
- Competitive Green Retailer Star Energy Partners Expands to New Jersey, Pennsylvania
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports