Oxford Instruments Releases Handheld Material Analyser
The product is designed for those requiring analysis across a number of industrial markets including scrap sorting, screening for heavy metals in soils, and hazardous substance and waste electronic compliance screening.
The X-MET7000 features a high-contrast LCD touch-screen that can be read in direct sunlight.
Wilks Enterprise has released a range of factory-calibrated portable infrared analyzers to determine the percentage of ethanol in gasoline to ensure a correct fuel blend.
The InfraCal Ethanol Blend Analyzers are available for measuring 0–20 percent, 70-100 percent or a combination of both ranges. They are portable, hard-wearing, compact and specifically designed for use by non-technical personnel, Wilks says.
The product weighs less than 5 lbs and can be operated from a battery pack or cigarette lighter adapter.
In August, World Micro Components announced a new X-ray capability to detect poor quality electronic parts that it said would assist companies in complying with the Restriction of Hazardous Substances, or RoHS, standards enforced by the European Union.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend
- Energy Management: The Internet of Things Changes Everything
- Big Biogas Project Underway Down Under
- Kroger, Love’s Sign with LSI Industries