USGBC Launches App Lab
The App Lab is a searchable catalog of third-party-developed computer applications that are integrated with LEED data. It has launched with eight applications and is designed for use with Internet browsers, tablets, smartphones and other devices.
The USGBC is touting the App Lab as a way it can leverage multiple partners to expand the presence of green building. As the apps are developed by third-parties, the USGBC says it doesn’t know how large a resource the Lab will grow to be.
Among the applications available are SCIwatch, a tool that automates the ongoing commissioning process during development and generates automated reports to the LEED Online service.
Another tool, the Indie Energy Network app, accesses an open platform of real-time building data (pictured), analytics, and energy apps from developers worldwide. IEN and the USBGC announced a collaboration in October.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Efficiency and Waste Disposal Grow Closer
- Worcester School Gets Grant to Complete LED Retrofit
- Cree Recalls Lamps
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- Atlantic City Electric Rate Increase Settled; PowerAhead Funding Deferred to Phase II
- TVA Reduces Budget Requirements and Continues Investing in Cleaner Power
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report