USGBC Launches App Lab
The App Lab is a searchable catalog of third-party-developed computer applications that are integrated with LEED data. It has launched with eight applications and is designed for use with Internet browsers, tablets, smartphones and other devices.
The USGBC is touting the App Lab as a way it can leverage multiple partners to expand the presence of green building. As the apps are developed by third-parties, the USGBC says it doesn’t know how large a resource the Lab will grow to be.
Among the applications available are SCIwatch, a tool that automates the ongoing commissioning process during development and generates automated reports to the LEED Online service.
Another tool, the Indie Energy Network app, accesses an open platform of real-time building data (pictured), analytics, and energy apps from developers worldwide. IEN and the USBGC announced a collaboration in October.
Energy Manager News
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20
- PUCO: ‘Fixed Means Fixed’ in Retail Contracts
- FERC Requires Reports on Price Formation
- Viridian Energy Moves into Texas Market
- PUC Approves PPL’s 6.1% Rate Hike