USGBC Launches App Lab
The App Lab is a searchable catalog of third-party-developed computer applications that are integrated with LEED data. It has launched with eight applications and is designed for use with Internet browsers, tablets, smartphones and other devices.
The USGBC is touting the App Lab as a way it can leverage multiple partners to expand the presence of green building. As the apps are developed by third-parties, the USGBC says it doesn’t know how large a resource the Lab will grow to be.
Among the applications available are SCIwatch, a tool that automates the ongoing commissioning process during development and generates automated reports to the LEED Online service.
Another tool, the Indie Energy Network app, accesses an open platform of real-time building data (pictured), analytics, and energy apps from developers worldwide. IEN and the USBGC announced a collaboration in October.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland