USGBC Launches App Lab
The App Lab is a searchable catalog of third-party-developed computer applications that are integrated with LEED data. It has launched with eight applications and is designed for use with Internet browsers, tablets, smartphones and other devices.
The USGBC is touting the App Lab as a way it can leverage multiple partners to expand the presence of green building. As the apps are developed by third-parties, the USGBC says it doesn’t know how large a resource the Lab will grow to be.
Among the applications available are SCIwatch, a tool that automates the ongoing commissioning process during development and generates automated reports to the LEED Online service.
Another tool, the Indie Energy Network app, accesses an open platform of real-time building data (pictured), analytics, and energy apps from developers worldwide. IEN and the USBGC announced a collaboration in October.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation