Kone Taps KMI for EHS Software
Kone sites in over 50 countries worldwide now have access to KMI’s Incident Management, Audit & Inspection, Compliance Management, Corrective Action and Reporting & Dashboards software modules.
The firm described the KMI system as flexible, easy to use and said of the product “it just plain works.”
Earlier this month, Kone won an order to supply 21 elevators and eight escalators at the Long Beach Court Building in Long Beach, Calif. The order includes Kone Monospace and EcoSystem MR elevators, which are run by the energy-efficient KONE EcoDisc.
This component consumes about 50 percent less energy than conventional traction machines and up to 70 percent less than traditional hydraulic elevators, the company says.
In February, elevator and escalator firm Otis launched an environmental program called The Way to Green. The initiative encompasses design, manufacturing, production and end-of-life recycling, and will significantly enhance the company’s commitment to the environment, the Otis Elevator Company said.
Energy Manager News
- Transmission Upgrades Give SPP a $240M ‘Bang for the Buck’
- Data Analytics Deepens its Hold on Facilities
- Global Plate and Frame Heat Exchanger Market Growing
- Duke Energy Renewables, Lockheed Martin Sign PPA
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Jan. 29
- FERC Probes High Rates of Four Interstate Gas Pipeline Companies
- Rhode Island Launches Retail Shopping Website
- Successful Energy Managers Follow these 10 Tactics