GaBi 5 Software Launched by PE International
GaBi 5 models every element of a product or system from a life-cycle perspective, allowing businesses to make informed decisions on the sustainability of their manufactured products, PE says.
The program provides a database detailing the energy and environmental impact of sourcing and refining every raw or processed element of a manufactured item. It also allows analysis of a product’s impact on the environment and presents alternative options for manufacturing, distribution, recycling, pollution and sustainability, PE says.
PE sees these features leading to a greener, more cost-effective and resource efficient product.
Green product design is the focus of a report by Environmental Leader’s EL PRO service released in October. The 32-page report covers: Benefits, costs, regulations, standards, software vendors, adoption by business, projections and Q&As with Ford, Herman miller and PiMobility.
In June, PE and fellow consultant Five Winds International announced a merger. The combined company will provide the North American market with strategic management advisory services as well as software from PE International’s portfolio.
Energy Manager News
- Energy-as-a-Service: Charting a Path Through Complexity
- Demand Energy, EnerSys Complete Storage Project
- Lunera Intros Pathway and Entryway LED
- FPL to Buy and Phase Out Coal-Powered Plant, Saving Customers $129M
- Environmental, Health and Safety Software Moves Forward
- Johnson Controls: Interest, Investment in Energy Efficiency Up
- First-Ever Statewide Endorsement of Retail Supplier, by Delaware, Goes to Direct Energy
- Oberlin, Ohio, Ratepayers to Receive $2.2M in Rebates for Sale of RECs