GaBi 5 Software Launched by PE International
GaBi 5 models every element of a product or system from a life-cycle perspective, allowing businesses to make informed decisions on the sustainability of their manufactured products, PE says.
The program provides a database detailing the energy and environmental impact of sourcing and refining every raw or processed element of a manufactured item. It also allows analysis of a product’s impact on the environment and presents alternative options for manufacturing, distribution, recycling, pollution and sustainability, PE says.
PE sees these features leading to a greener, more cost-effective and resource efficient product.
Green product design is the focus of a report by Environmental Leader’s EL PRO service released in October. The 32-page report covers: Benefits, costs, regulations, standards, software vendors, adoption by business, projections and Q&As with Ford, Herman miller and PiMobility.
In June, PE and fellow consultant Five Winds International announced a merger. The combined company will provide the North American market with strategic management advisory services as well as software from PE International’s portfolio.
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store