GaBi 5 Software Launched by PE International
GaBi 5 models every element of a product or system from a life-cycle perspective, allowing businesses to make informed decisions on the sustainability of their manufactured products, PE says.
The program provides a database detailing the energy and environmental impact of sourcing and refining every raw or processed element of a manufactured item. It also allows analysis of a product’s impact on the environment and presents alternative options for manufacturing, distribution, recycling, pollution and sustainability, PE says.
PE sees these features leading to a greener, more cost-effective and resource efficient product.
Green product design is the focus of a report by Environmental Leader’s EL PRO service released in October. The 32-page report covers: Benefits, costs, regulations, standards, software vendors, adoption by business, projections and Q&As with Ford, Herman miller and PiMobility.
In June, PE and fellow consultant Five Winds International announced a merger. The combined company will provide the North American market with strategic management advisory services as well as software from PE International’s portfolio.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B