LG to Halve Greenhouse Emissions
To accomplish this reduction, the company says it will focus on cutting its energy consumption through such means as expanding and enhancing energy management systems and technology; increasing efficiency in data centers, computers and HVAC equipment and purchasing electricity from green power sources.
As part of these efforts, LG Electronics already has begun purchasing 100 percent green energy for its headquarters building.
LG USA also plans to embark on a program of employee engagement. Employee activities in 2012 will focus on energy conservation, sustainable transportation and recycling, LG says.
In July, LG and the Carbonfund.org Foundation announced that LG products have earned the new CarbonFree certification label.
This marked the first time that certified LCD TV, LCD monitor, refrigerator, clothes washer, LED lamp and solar panel products became available to the public, according to the Carbonfund.org Foundation.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- General Mills: We’ll Invest $100M to Reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Oregon Correctional Institution Saves with LEDs
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending August 28
- Columbus Energy Challenge Falling Short
- Building on Alaskan Campus Gets LEED Certification
- BT Group Launches Division to Help Property Owners
- Price of Renewables Approaching Fossil Fuels, Nuclear
- The Use of Renewables in Mining Operations