LG to Halve Greenhouse Emissions
To accomplish this reduction, the company says it will focus on cutting its energy consumption through such means as expanding and enhancing energy management systems and technology; increasing efficiency in data centers, computers and HVAC equipment and purchasing electricity from green power sources.
As part of these efforts, LG Electronics already has begun purchasing 100 percent green energy for its headquarters building.
LG USA also plans to embark on a program of employee engagement. Employee activities in 2012 will focus on energy conservation, sustainable transportation and recycling, LG says.
In July, LG and the Carbonfund.org Foundation announced that LG products have earned the new CarbonFree certification label.
This marked the first time that certified LCD TV, LCD monitor, refrigerator, clothes washer, LED lamp and solar panel products became available to the public, according to the Carbonfund.org Foundation.
Energy Manager News
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20
- PUCO: ‘Fixed Means Fixed’ in Retail Contracts
- FERC Requires Reports on Price Formation
- Viridian Energy Moves into Texas Market
- PUC Approves PPL’s 6.1% Rate Hike