LG to Halve Greenhouse Emissions
To accomplish this reduction, the company says it will focus on cutting its energy consumption through such means as expanding and enhancing energy management systems and technology; increasing efficiency in data centers, computers and HVAC equipment and purchasing electricity from green power sources.
As part of these efforts, LG Electronics already has begun purchasing 100 percent green energy for its headquarters building.
LG USA also plans to embark on a program of employee engagement. Employee activities in 2012 will focus on energy conservation, sustainable transportation and recycling, LG says.
In July, LG and the Carbonfund.org Foundation announced that LG products have earned the new CarbonFree certification label.
This marked the first time that certified LCD TV, LCD monitor, refrigerator, clothes washer, LED lamp and solar panel products became available to the public, according to the Carbonfund.org Foundation.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland