AEG Releases Efficient Data Center Power Supply Range
The UPS family is engineered around AEG Power Solutions’ 250kW building blocks. Up to 16 units can be connected in parallel to support the redundancy requirements of larger critical loads, AEG says.
Protect Blue UPS’s are 95 percent efficient at only 20 percent load. The new UPS also provides 99 percent efficiency when being operated in Eco Mode.
The units’ transformer-free design provides a smaller, lighter and more efficient UPS implementation, according to AEG.
In other networking news, D-Link has expanded its line of network switches with the release of the D-Link DGS-105 and DGS-108 Gigabit Ethernet; and DES-105 and DES-108 Fast Ethernet metal switches.
Available in five- and eight-port form factors, the unmanaged switches save up to 85 percent on power consumption over conventional non D-Link switch.
In November, it emerged that Virginia utility Dominion Power had invested $1 million in data center power management software company Power Assure as the companies begin a partnership to integrate data centers into the smart grid.
Dominion described data centers as an “excellent fit” for smart grid integration, citing their high power density and the amount of excess power available in most data centers.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation