AEG Releases Efficient Data Center Power Supply Range
The UPS family is engineered around AEG Power Solutions’ 250kW building blocks. Up to 16 units can be connected in parallel to support the redundancy requirements of larger critical loads, AEG says.
Protect Blue UPS’s are 95 percent efficient at only 20 percent load. The new UPS also provides 99 percent efficiency when being operated in Eco Mode.
The units’ transformer-free design provides a smaller, lighter and more efficient UPS implementation, according to AEG.
In other networking news, D-Link has expanded its line of network switches with the release of the D-Link DGS-105 and DGS-108 Gigabit Ethernet; and DES-105 and DES-108 Fast Ethernet metal switches.
Available in five- and eight-port form factors, the unmanaged switches save up to 85 percent on power consumption over conventional non D-Link switch.
In November, it emerged that Virginia utility Dominion Power had invested $1 million in data center power management software company Power Assure as the companies begin a partnership to integrate data centers into the smart grid.
Dominion described data centers as an “excellent fit” for smart grid integration, citing their high power density and the amount of excess power available in most data centers.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend
- Energy Management: The Internet of Things Changes Everything
- Big Biogas Project Underway Down Under
- Kroger, Love’s Sign with LSI Industries