Siemens, PortVision Maritime Systems ‘Save Time, Money’
Siemens has announced the U.S. launch of the Drive Plus C diesel-electric propulsion system, an update to its Siship Blue Drive system. Drive Plus C, designed with offshore service vessels in mind, uses less fuel and can reduce greenhouse gas emissions by up to 27 percent, Siemens says.
The Drive Plus C can also save 23 percent off energy costs through a combination of reduced consumption and less frequent maintenance, the company says.
Also this week, PortVision announced the release of its SmartOps Fleet Management System, which the company said will grow revenues of fleet owners and operators, reduce costs and automate a number of business processes related to liquid cargo marine transportation.
Built on PortVision’s AIS-based vessel-tracking system used by more than 2,000 marine fleets and oil companies, SmartOps gives owners,operators and customers the ability to share information about traffic, real-time logistics, invoices and regulatory reporting using a touch-screen display installed in the wheelhouse of each boat.
Using the PortVision Activity Logger, boat operators can send information quickly to a fleet operator’s traffic department, and fleet owners can log industry standard demurrage, maintenance, delay criteria, waterway taxes and other pass-through expenses on a customer’s invoice.
SmartOps, a combination of satellite, cellular and AIS communications, will automate month- and year-end reporting and can provide support for individual state and waterway reporting compliance, as well as for the IRS’ Excise Summary Terminal Activity Reporting System (ExStars) and the U.S. Army Corps.
Energy Manager News
- Driving Energy Efficiency by Improving the Owner/Tenant Relationship
- Case Study: Fast Payback in New York City
- $8M Project to Upgrade Chillicothe (OH) Correctional Institute
- Three Trends Align to Save Buildings Millions in Energy Costs
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency