Siemens, PortVision Maritime Systems ‘Save Time, Money’
Siemens has announced the U.S. launch of the Drive Plus C diesel-electric propulsion system, an update to its Siship Blue Drive system. Drive Plus C, designed with offshore service vessels in mind, uses less fuel and can reduce greenhouse gas emissions by up to 27 percent, Siemens says.
The Drive Plus C can also save 23 percent off energy costs through a combination of reduced consumption and less frequent maintenance, the company says.
Also this week, PortVision announced the release of its SmartOps Fleet Management System, which the company said will grow revenues of fleet owners and operators, reduce costs and automate a number of business processes related to liquid cargo marine transportation.
Built on PortVision’s AIS-based vessel-tracking system used by more than 2,000 marine fleets and oil companies, SmartOps gives owners,operators and customers the ability to share information about traffic, real-time logistics, invoices and regulatory reporting using a touch-screen display installed in the wheelhouse of each boat.
Using the PortVision Activity Logger, boat operators can send information quickly to a fleet operator’s traffic department, and fleet owners can log industry standard demurrage, maintenance, delay criteria, waterway taxes and other pass-through expenses on a customer’s invoice.
SmartOps, a combination of satellite, cellular and AIS communications, will automate month- and year-end reporting and can provide support for individual state and waterway reporting compliance, as well as for the IRS’ Excise Summary Terminal Activity Reporting System (ExStars) and the U.S. Army Corps.
Energy Manager News
- Switching to LEDs Without Leaving the Past Behind
- McKinstry Replacing 6,200 Lights with LEDs in Henderson, NV
- USDA Investing More than $300M in Efficiency, Renewables
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: October 21, 2016
- Could Cleaner Energy Save Ohio Ratepayers $50M in 2030, Alone?
- Yakima City Council Mulls Utility Rate Hike on Large Businesses to Bolster Reserve Fund
- Making Solar Inverters Smarter
- Unlocking the Power of Building Data