Lighting Briefing: Millard and Groom, Carmanah, Platinum, Lightolier and Tyree
Refrigerated warehousing and distribution services company Millard and commercial energy project firm Groom Energy have completed the installation of an LED lighting retrofit at Millard’s Allentown, Pa., facility.
The project covers more than 629,000 square feet of warehouse and uses almost 800 LED high bay fixtures. It should reduce the amount of CO2 entering the environment by more than 1,700 tons, Millard says.
To reduce energy wasted when illuminating large unoccupied areas, lights only turn on when operators are present. The project was supported with a financial incentive from PPL Energy.
Solar firm Carmanah is to deliver $1 million worth of its outdoor solar lighting to an unnamed project in Mexico.
Carmanah’s EG-series standalone lights feature a top-of-pole integrated design that eases installation and protects against vandalism, the company says.
The order for Carmanah’s EG-series standalone lights was won jointly with the solar company’s Mexican manufacturing and distribution partner Semex S.A. de C.V.
Energy efficient installation firm Platinum Energy Group today announced it has formed a strategic alliance with Philips Lightolier and gas station service company Tyree Holdings Corp. to provide petroleum operators throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Northeastern United States with efficient lighting systems.
As part of the agreement, Philips Lightolier will provide energy efficient lighting for projects designed by Platinum. These projects will be integrated into buildings on Tyree’s client’s sites.
The partners say they can reduce the energy consumption of gas station canopies by 89 percent.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- SolarCity: We Have the World’s Most Efficient Rooftop Solar Panel
- Bridgestone Arena in Nashville Switches to LEDs
- Helping Building Automation Grow
- Municipalities Could Combine Small Cell and LED Upgrades
- Holistic Approach to Energy Savings in Dublin, Ohio Schools
- NYC One Step Closer to Net-Zero Energy Goal at Wastewater Treatment Plants
- ‘Better Buildings, Better Plants’ Saves $2.4B Over Five Years