Lighting Briefing: Millard and Groom, Carmanah, Platinum, Lightolier and Tyree
Refrigerated warehousing and distribution services company Millard and commercial energy project firm Groom Energy have completed the installation of an LED lighting retrofit at Millard’s Allentown, Pa., facility.
The project covers more than 629,000 square feet of warehouse and uses almost 800 LED high bay fixtures. It should reduce the amount of CO2 entering the environment by more than 1,700 tons, Millard says.
To reduce energy wasted when illuminating large unoccupied areas, lights only turn on when operators are present. The project was supported with a financial incentive from PPL Energy.
Solar firm Carmanah is to deliver $1 million worth of its outdoor solar lighting to an unnamed project in Mexico.
Carmanah’s EG-series standalone lights feature a top-of-pole integrated design that eases installation and protects against vandalism, the company says.
The order for Carmanah’s EG-series standalone lights was won jointly with the solar company’s Mexican manufacturing and distribution partner Semex S.A. de C.V.
Energy efficient installation firm Platinum Energy Group today announced it has formed a strategic alliance with Philips Lightolier and gas station service company Tyree Holdings Corp. to provide petroleum operators throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Northeastern United States with efficient lighting systems.
As part of the agreement, Philips Lightolier will provide energy efficient lighting for projects designed by Platinum. These projects will be integrated into buildings on Tyree’s client’s sites.
The partners say they can reduce the energy consumption of gas station canopies by 89 percent.
Energy Manager News
- Six Critical Tips to Transform Your Organization’s Energy Management
- Supreme Court to Review Demand Response Decision
- Dartmouth Upgrades Field House Lighting with Digital Lumens
- Tesla Needs More Partnerships for Powerwall Success, Says Lux
- College Installs 2.5 MW of Solar
- Gexpro, Geli, Ideal Power, LG Chem Join for Battery Energy Storage
- LEDs Facilitate Retail Shopping Applications
- The Hidden Pitfalls of Natural Gas Cost Savings