Lighting Briefing: Millard and Groom, Carmanah, Platinum, Lightolier and Tyree
Refrigerated warehousing and distribution services company Millard and commercial energy project firm Groom Energy have completed the installation of an LED lighting retrofit at Millard’s Allentown, Pa., facility.
The project covers more than 629,000 square feet of warehouse and uses almost 800 LED high bay fixtures. It should reduce the amount of CO2 entering the environment by more than 1,700 tons, Millard says.
To reduce energy wasted when illuminating large unoccupied areas, lights only turn on when operators are present. The project was supported with a financial incentive from PPL Energy.
Solar firm Carmanah is to deliver $1 million worth of its outdoor solar lighting to an unnamed project in Mexico.
Carmanah’s EG-series standalone lights feature a top-of-pole integrated design that eases installation and protects against vandalism, the company says.
The order for Carmanah’s EG-series standalone lights was won jointly with the solar company’s Mexican manufacturing and distribution partner Semex S.A. de C.V.
Energy efficient installation firm Platinum Energy Group today announced it has formed a strategic alliance with Philips Lightolier and gas station service company Tyree Holdings Corp. to provide petroleum operators throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Northeastern United States with efficient lighting systems.
As part of the agreement, Philips Lightolier will provide energy efficient lighting for projects designed by Platinum. These projects will be integrated into buildings on Tyree’s client’s sites.
The partners say they can reduce the energy consumption of gas station canopies by 89 percent.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend