Emerson Launches Data Center Management Hardware
Emerson Network Power has introduced the Avocent Universal Management Gateway, a product it calls the first data center appliance to enable true real-time, integrated monitoring, access and control across information technology and facilities systems in a data center.
The appliance is an integral part of Emerson’s Trellis data center management platform and acts as the real-time data processing hardware link between a data center’s management software and IT and facilities systems, Emerson says.
Emerson says that the device can manage the embedded service processors from any brand of server in their data center without having to buy additional management software.
The device also integrates capabilities delivered traditionally through multiple, disparate IT and facilities devices into a single product with four times the functionality in 25 percent of the size, Emerson says. It goes on sale in February 2012.
Earlier this month, AEG Power Solutions released its super-efficient Protect Blue family of modular uninterruptible power supplies for data centers.
The product range is engineered around AEG Power Solutions’ 250kW building blocks. Up to 16 units can be connected in parallel to support the redundancy requirements of larger critical loads, according to AEG.
Energy Manager News
- Window Films: Low Hanging Fruit for Efficiency Gains
- Some Insurance Companies Invested Too Heavily in Fossil Fuels, says Ceres
- Apple Defends 100% Renewable Energy Claim
- Ontario Investing $900M in Affordable Housing
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending May 20, 2016
- CAL-ISO Study: Regional Energy Market Could Yield $1.5B in Savings Annually to Ratepayers
- Sands to Stay, But MGM and Wynn Still Plan to Leave NV Energy
- Turning Data into Knowledge–and Action