Emerson Launches Data Center Management Hardware
Emerson Network Power has introduced the Avocent Universal Management Gateway, a product it calls the first data center appliance to enable true real-time, integrated monitoring, access and control across information technology and facilities systems in a data center.
The appliance is an integral part of Emerson’s Trellis data center management platform and acts as the real-time data processing hardware link between a data centerâ€™s management software and IT and facilities systems, Emerson says.
Emerson says that the device can manage the embedded service processors from any brand of server in their data center without having to buy additional management software.
The device also integrates capabilities delivered traditionally through multiple, disparate IT and facilities devices into a single product with four times the functionality in 25 percent of the size, Emerson says. It goes on sale in February 2012.
Earlier this month, AEG Power Solutions released its super-efficient Protect Blue family of modular uninterruptible power supplies for data centers.
The product range is engineered around AEG Power Solutionsâ€™ 250kW building blocks. Up to 16 units can be connected in parallel to support the redundancy requirements of larger critical loads, according to AEG.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Con Edison Development Procures GE Energy Storage System
- Courthouse Replaces Oversized Boiler
- Indoor Farming Company Works on HVAC with PUE 1.0
- Toolkits Designed to Help Health Care Facilities Reduce Energy
- San Antonio Macyâ€™s Store Showcases Better Buildings Challenge Measures
- Natural Gas Gensets to Reach 27 GW of Installed Capacity by 2024
- Larson Releases a Solar Powered Generator with Manual Crank Mast
- Energy Efficiency in Food Service Businesses