Del Monte Taps Locus for Energy Management
The platform will provide Del Monte with enterprise tools to optimize consumption of environmental resources, lower greenhouse gas emissions and encourage more sustainable growth, Locus says.
Through a secure, cloud-based system, the Locus platform will collect, monitor, and analyze multiple streams of energy and environmental data flowing from Del Monte’s operational locations throughout the United States, Locus says.
Locus’ ePortal will work with Del Monte’s resource planning system to aggregate financial and operational data into a single platform.
In March, Locus launched an iPhone application for mobile collection of water data. The product, eWell, consists of the iPhone application itself and Locus’s web-based Environmental Information Management application.
Using EIM, eWell users can map routes for testing a series of wells. They can download these routes to the iPhone, along with selected historical environmental data on their wells.
In July 2010, Del Monte formalized its waste reduction targets. By 2016 the food company pledged to reduce its waste by 75 per cent, use of packaging materials by 15 per cent and its greenhouse gas emissions by 10 per cent, all against a 2007 baseline.
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Seeing U-Haul’s HQ Parking Structure in a New (LED) Light
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies: The Case for Moving Beyond Batteries
- Nuclear Giant Exelon Wants to Invest in Wind Energy in Ohio
- Arby’s Reports on Corporate Social Responsibility Initiatives
- Navigant: Smart Meter Sector Has “Plateaued”
- Poll: 75% of Large U.S. Corporations Say They Will Buy Renewables Within 18 Months
- Duke Energy Progress Customers to See Fuel Cost-Recovery Savings
- Energy-as-a-Service: Charting a Path Through Complexity