Del Monte Taps Locus for Energy Management
The platform will provide Del Monte with enterprise tools to optimize consumption of environmental resources, lower greenhouse gas emissions and encourage more sustainable growth, Locus says.
Through a secure, cloud-based system, the Locus platform will collect, monitor, and analyze multiple streams of energy and environmental data flowing from Del Monteâ€™s operational locations throughout the United States, Locus says.
Locusâ€™ ePortal will work with Del Monteâ€™s resource planning system to aggregate financial and operational data into a single platform.
In March, Locus launched an iPhone application for mobile collection of water data. The product, eWell, consists of the iPhone application itself and Locusâ€™s web-based Environmental Information Management application.
Using EIM, eWell users can map routes for testing a series of wells. They can download these routes to the iPhone, along with selected historical environmental data on their wells.
In July 2010, Del Monte formalized its waste reduction targets. By 2016 the food company pledged to reduce its waste by 75 per cent, use of packaging materials by 15 per cent and its greenhouse gas emissions by 10 per cent, all against a 2007 baseline.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Con Edison Development Procures GE Energy Storage System
- Courthouse Replaces Oversized Boiler
- Indoor Farming Company Works on HVAC with PUE 1.0
- Toolkits Designed to Help Health Care Facilities Reduce Energy
- San Antonio Macyâ€™s Store Showcases Better Buildings Challenge Measures
- Natural Gas Gensets to Reach 27 GW of Installed Capacity by 2024
- Larson Releases a Solar Powered Generator with Manual Crank Mast
- Energy Efficiency in Food Service Businesses