Del Monte Taps Locus for Energy Management
The platform will provide Del Monte with enterprise tools to optimize consumption of environmental resources, lower greenhouse gas emissions and encourage more sustainable growth, Locus says.
Through a secure, cloud-based system, the Locus platform will collect, monitor, and analyze multiple streams of energy and environmental data flowing from Del Monte’s operational locations throughout the United States, Locus says.
Locus’ ePortal will work with Del Monte’s resource planning system to aggregate financial and operational data into a single platform.
In March, Locus launched an iPhone application for mobile collection of water data. The product, eWell, consists of the iPhone application itself and Locus’s web-based Environmental Information Management application.
Using EIM, eWell users can map routes for testing a series of wells. They can download these routes to the iPhone, along with selected historical environmental data on their wells.
In July 2010, Del Monte formalized its waste reduction targets. By 2016 the food company pledged to reduce its waste by 75 per cent, use of packaging materials by 15 per cent and its greenhouse gas emissions by 10 per cent, all against a 2007 baseline.
Energy Manager News
- Digging Deep to Cure HVAC Inefficiency
- Technavio: Global Data Center Liquid Cooling Market Growing
- GE Shreveport Plant Finishes First Stage of Retrofit
- Entergy Arkansas Reaches Rate Settlement
- EMEX Named TEPA Aggregator/Broker/Consultant of the Year
- Switching to LEDs Without Leaving the Past Behind
- McKinstry Replacing 6,200 Lights with LEDs in Henderson, NV
- USDA Investing More than $300M in Efficiency, Renewables