Trane Launches GE Software-Based Data Center Management Tool
Tracer XT was developed in response to data center customer requests for more ways to reduce energy consumption, improve building operations and optimize system management, Trane says.
The product combines Trane Tracer building controls and HVAC expertise with GE Intelligent Platforms’ Proficy software for visualization, analysis and modeling, remote monitoring, and diagnostics. Proficy software is part of GE’s Ecomagination green product line.
Tracer XT includes a high-speed, time-stamped database to allow for rapid data collection, recording more than 200,000 events per second. It is the first product from a ongoing collaboration between GE and Trane’s parent company Ingersoll Rand.
In 2009, GE and Trane worked together on an efficiency upgrade to GE’s Cincinnati, Ohio, data center. The center has 29,000 square feet of raised floor, includes more than 3,800 information technology systems and consumes 24 million kwh of power each year.
To help with the reduction of water and energy, GE updated the data center with nearly 30 products from nine different GE businesses including power quality, chilled water, electrical, security and IT services equipment, coupled with Trane integrated systems with equipment and controls, Trane says.
This project resulted in reducing annual energy consumption in the data center by more than 11 percent and water usage by 20 percent, according to Trane.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- LAX Commissions New $438M Central Utilities Plant
- International Paper Receives Trucked Compressed Natural Gas
- Housing Authority Signs ESPC with Ameresco
- Solar Installed at USDA Buildings
- Eaton Supports 6.3 MW Hospital Solar Installation in New Jersey
- UK Grocery Store Chain Gives Refrigerators an Energy Savings Turbo Boost
- ATG Designs 120-watt LED Fixture for Gas Station Canopies
- Schneider Electric Launches PowerLogic PM8000 Line of Meters