Gammel Engineering to Generate from Methane with FlexEnergy Turbine MT250
Energy technology company FlexEnergy has signed its first commercial order for the Flex Turbine MT250 EX to Gammel Engineering, a German engineering company specialized in heating plants, combined heat and power plants, district heating, industrial plants and building services.
FlexEnergy turbines extract energy from low-quality methane, such as that produced by landfills, oil fields, coal mines and waste water treatment plants, and reduce to near-zero pollution from emissions, the company said.
The 250 kW MT250 EX is an external heat turbine suited to biomass and concentrated solar power installations, and allows for the use of heat directly derived from biomass combustion for power generation. The systems also can run on natural gas. The MT250 EX removes the original combustor and fuel system from the standard gas turbine configuration, the company said.
The order comes as FlexEnergy launches the third generation of its cleaner energy turbines, the Flex Turbine MT250 EX and Flex Turbine MT250 G3, and the installation will be complete before the end of the year, the company said.
The technology improvement to clean up pollution-heavy industries has reached the market. In November, a Chinese steel mill selected a General Electric 9E gas turbine along with compressors to generate power from waste gas from its blast furnace and coke oven.
Also, Siemens has opened a U.S. production facility for its H-class gas turbine that produces 50 per cent less CO2 than any other of its previous turbines.
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store