Green House Data Doubles Renewables Purchase
The company has purchased 1.8M kWh in 2011 – twice the amount it purchased in 2010. This annual electricity purchase is equivalent to avoiding 1,303 tons of carbon dioxide emissions, Green House Data says.
Green House Data buys its RECs through Renewable Choice, a renewable energy and carbon measurement, management and offset firm.
The company says it chooses to purchase RECs over straight-up renewable power due to the relative lack of readily available renewable power in the U.S. and what it calls the “many hurdles” obstructing the installation of private renewable power sources.
Earlier in 2011, the company was named as a member of the EPA’s Green Power Leadership Club, a title given to organizations that have significantly exceeded the EPA Green Power Partnership’s minimum green power purchase requirements. Companies were first admitted to the Green Power Leadership club in January this year.
Energy Manager News
- Lunera Intros Pathway and Entryway LED
- FPL to Buy and Phase Out Coal-Powered Plant, Saving Customers $129M
- Environmental, Health and Safety Software Moves Forward
- Johnson Controls: Interest, Investment in Energy Efficiency Up
- First-Ever Statewide Endorsement of Retail Supplier, by Delaware, Goes to Direct Energy
- Oberlin, Ohio, Ratepayers to Receive $2.2M in Rebates for Sale of RECs
- GM’s Renewable Efforts Build from the Ground Up
- Fairbanks Completes 4 Building Project in MA