Sioux Hybrid Water Heater, Hydromantis Modelling Software
Sioux Corporation has introduced its Hybrid Water Heater, a new high-efficiency heater suitable for use by those in the concrete industry. The 3million BTU/hr. heater achieves 208°F outlet temperature at 95% + true efficiency. The Sioux Hybrid Heater is built to ASME Code, and was designed specifically to efficiently heat large volumes of water for ready-mix concrete plants, the company said.
The heater has a recirculation mode used to maintain temperature settings of storage tank water at an adjustable temperature setting. The heater also has a media section which provides high overall efficiency and a coil section which allows the heater to reach high temperatures without discharging steam from the exhaust stack, Sioux said
According to the company website, heating water is five times more efficient than heating the aggregate, and water heaters can provide more precise temperatures than boilers for a higher quality concrete.
Hydromantis says it has released the industry’s first simulator software for water and wastewater treatment plants.
Its new package called SimuWorks replicates existing treatment plant supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) systems. This allows various training, plant optimization and process improvement scenarios to be simulated in a risk-free environment, Hydromantis said.
The company said that the software can be deployed as a life-size replica of a specific control room, set-up as a mobile training center or used in traditional classroom instruction. The program can run specific plant data models to allow for regional training experiences.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls