Sioux Hybrid Water Heater, Hydromantis Modelling Software
Sioux Corporation has introduced its Hybrid Water Heater, a new high-efficiency heater suitable for use by those in the concrete industry. The 3million BTU/hr. heater achieves 208°F outlet temperature at 95% + true efficiency. The Sioux Hybrid Heater is built to ASME Code, and was designed specifically to efficiently heat large volumes of water for ready-mix concrete plants, the company said.
The heater has a recirculation mode used to maintain temperature settings of storage tank water at an adjustable temperature setting. The heater also has a media section which provides high overall efficiency and a coil section which allows the heater to reach high temperatures without discharging steam from the exhaust stack, Sioux said
According to the company website, heating water is five times more efficient than heating the aggregate, and water heaters can provide more precise temperatures than boilers for a higher quality concrete.
Hydromantis says it has released the industry’s first simulator software for water and wastewater treatment plants.
Its new package called SimuWorks replicates existing treatment plant supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) systems. This allows various training, plant optimization and process improvement scenarios to be simulated in a risk-free environment, Hydromantis said.
The company said that the software can be deployed as a life-size replica of a specific control room, set-up as a mobile training center or used in traditional classroom instruction. The program can run specific plant data models to allow for regional training experiences.
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Write Off Energy Efficiency. It’s Just about to Have Its Day.
- 44 Companies Apply to Manage OSU Energy
- ASHRAE High-Performance Building Design Professional Certification Earns ANSI Accreditation
- Energy Management Targets Commercial Real Estate
- Home Depot Hires HVAC Provider for South Arizona Stores
- Voluntary Agreement Covers Energy of Home Internet Equipment
- Community Microgrids for a Sustainable Future – TEDx Talk
- Cree Restructures LED Business in Aggressive Pricing Environment