Schneider Electric Acquires EnergyCenter 2.0 from Viridity
Energy management firm Schneider Electric has acquired Viridity‘s energy center DCIM software to augment its StruxureWare for Data Center Operations, the company announced. The acquisition adds to the visibility capacity of Schneider Electric’s data center infrastructure management offering.
The investment gives Schneider Electric the intellectual property rights and software behind the Viridity EnergyCenter 2.0 platform, the company said. The start-up won the Uptime Institute Green Enterprise IT (GEIT) award for “Outstanding IT Product In a User Deployment” category in April 2011.
The Viridity platform launched in July is noted for its ability to analyze and report on how much electrical power each configuration uses at small incremental levels of utilization.
The acquisition merges Viridity’s unique IT discovery and measurement of server power consumption with Schneider Electric’s view of all mission critical functions. The new capability will significantly enhance the visibility and control that c-level executives, data center and facility mangers have over daily data center operations, Schneider Electric said
StruxureWare for Data Centers is a combination of Schneider Electric’s Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) and Data Center Facility Management (DCFM) software tools. The suite is able to provide data gathering, monitoring, automation, and planning and implementation functionalities to enable an integrated view of all physical systems of the data center, Schneider Electric said.
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Seeing U-Haul’s HQ Parking Structure in a New (LED) Light
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies: The Case for Moving Beyond Batteries
- Nuclear Giant Exelon Wants to Invest in Wind Energy in Ohio
- Arby’s Reports on Corporate Social Responsibility Initiatives
- Navigant: Smart Meter Sector Has “Plateaued”
- Poll: 75% of Large U.S. Corporations Say They Will Buy Renewables Within 18 Months
- Duke Energy Progress Customers to See Fuel Cost-Recovery Savings
- Energy-as-a-Service: Charting a Path Through Complexity