New Green Packaging Products From Sealed Air, Linpac
Sealed Air’s PakNatural (pictured) is a “packing peanut”-type product comprised 95 percent of non-food based renewable materials.
In addition to its sustainable properties, Sealed Air says that PakNatural provides superior protection and produces less dust, offers greater anti-static performance and increased inherent strength in comparison to similar products and starch-based loose fill products on the market.
Linpac has added the Rfresh MB range to its portfolio of sustainable trays for meat and fish products. The new rPET trays contain up to 95 percent food grade post-consumer recyclate, which Linpac says does not compromise on performance compared to virgin polymer.
A PE base film layer helps retailers reduce food spoilage and waste by keeping food fresher for longer, Linpac says. The tray can have either a lock seal or peelable film solution.
An increase in recycled content in packaging is one of the trends Plastics Today predicted for 2012. The web site also expects more curbs on single use carrier bags and plastic bottles.
Energy Manager News
- Smart Windows are a Smart Idea
- Behind the Meter Podcast: The Telecommunications Industry Addresses Energy Challenges
- Ambitious Goals for The Boulder Valley SD
- Philips, Cisco, Alliander Bringing Smart Lighting to Amsterdam
- TCAP to Negotiate Five-Year Electric Rates for Sherman, Texas
- Quality Power, Not Just Power, Should be the Goal
- Siemens Unveils Microgrid-as-a-Service Platform
- 18 Buildings Going Solar in D.C.