New Green Packaging Products From Sealed Air, Linpac
Sealed Air’s PakNatural (pictured) is a “packing peanut”-type product comprised 95 percent of non-food based renewable materials.
In addition to its sustainable properties, Sealed Air says that PakNatural provides superior protection and produces less dust, offers greater anti-static performance and increased inherent strength in comparison to similar products and starch-based loose fill products on the market.
Linpac has added the Rfresh MB range to its portfolio of sustainable trays for meat and fish products. The new rPET trays contain up to 95 percent food grade post-consumer recyclate, which Linpac says does not compromise on performance compared to virgin polymer.
A PE base film layer helps retailers reduce food spoilage and waste by keeping food fresher for longer, Linpac says. The tray can have either a lock seal or peelable film solution.
An increase in recycled content in packaging is one of the trends Plastics Today predicted for 2012. The web site also expects more curbs on single use carrier bags and plastic bottles.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV
- Walmart Saving Money While Driving Efficiency
- Solutions to Help Reach Building Energy Management Goals
- Advanced Fans Cut Datacenter Energy Requirements
- Renew Financial Acquires FL PACE-Lender EcoCity Partners
- Solar Canopies in Maryland, California
- Increased Demand for EVs Driving Global Battery Management System Market