Wastewater Facilities for H-E-B, STW, DS Smith
With a recent store expansion, H-E-B needed a larger wastewater plant and is now in the final stages of installing a facility large enough to handle its expanded needs and a 10-day storm, reports MySanAntonio.com.
The City of Bulverde has no centralized wastewater treatment facility. The area is served by on site sewage facilities.
Staying in the Lone Star State, STW Resources Holding Corp., a water reclamation services company, is to commission its first oilfield-produced water processing pilot in the Permian Basin of West Texas.
STW Resources will deploy a specialized mobile unit to process up to 500 barrels per day for up to 10 days per site.
In other wastewater news, effluent treatment specialist, Siltbuster Process Solutions has rented one of its D100 dissolved air flotation treatment systems to DS Smith Paper in Lancashire, England, reports Materials Handling World Magazine.
The machine separates solids contained within water using “microfine” bubbles that attach themselves to the solids and rise to the surface, where the bubble/solids mix can be automatically skimmed off.
In November last year, it emerged that drug company Shasun Pharma Solutions’ wastewater plant in Newcastle upon Tyne, U.K., had installed Hach Lange sensor equipment.
Hach Lange products are used in the plant’s activated sludge process to detect dissolved oxygen in wastewater from Shasun and third parties. The facility is reporting reduced maintenance and more accurate and more reliable monitoring since moving to the new sensors.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV
- Walmart Saving Money While Driving Efficiency
- Solutions to Help Reach Building Energy Management Goals
- Advanced Fans Cut Datacenter Energy Requirements
- Renew Financial Acquires FL PACE-Lender EcoCity Partners
- Solar Canopies in Maryland, California
- Increased Demand for EVs Driving Global Battery Management System Market