GeoSystems Launches New Geothermal Heat Pumps
GeoSource was designed to meet and exceed Energy Star Tier 3 performance requirements making them eligible for a 30 percent federal tax credit. Such pumps are three times more efficient than conventional heating and cooling systems, GeoSystems says.
The company says that its geothermal pumps can reduce heating costs up to 50 percent, reduce cooling costs up to 35 percent and reduce domestic hot water costs up to 65 percent.
The GeoSource range features a completely redesigned cabinet, “whisper quiet” technology, an active control panel, built in safety features and is easy for contractors to install, GeoSystems says.
A recently opened IKEA store near Denver, Colo., uses a geothermal heat pump. The pump was installed at the Centennial, Colo., store in conjunction with the National Renewable Energy Laboratory. NREL is based in Denver suburb Golden, Colo.
Energy Manager News
- Smart Windows are a Smart Idea
- Behind the Meter Podcast: The Telecommunications Industry Addresses Energy Challenges
- Ambitious Goals for The Boulder Valley SD
- Philips, Cisco, Alliander Bringing Smart Lighting to Amsterdam
- TCAP to Negotiate Five-Year Electric Rates for Sherman, Texas
- Quality Power, Not Just Power, Should be the Goal
- Siemens Unveils Microgrid-as-a-Service Platform
- 18 Buildings Going Solar in D.C.