Masdar Picks C3 Energy Software; Ecometrica Secures Funding
Masdar, Abu Dhabi’s renewable energy company, is using C3 energy management technology to monitor energy production and consumption, water, transportation efficiency, waste production and recycling in the Masdar City development.
The companies said the first phase of C3 implementation has already been completed at Masdar City, a clean energy business hub and high-density community of 40,000 residents being planned for a site 17 km from downtown Abu Dhabi.
The C3 analysis shows that Masdar City’s residential buildings achieve a 56 percent reduction in electricity demand versus the ASHRAE 90.1-2004 standard, and a 70 percent reduction versus the average Abu Dhabi multi-unit residential building.
Masdar is also using the C3 software (screenshot pictured) to manage its portfolio of international renewable generation projects and track its global portfolio of clean development mechanism projects and carbon credits.
In December analyst firm Verdantix described C3 as a fast-moving new entrant to the enterprise-scale energy management software market. Last year the company announced that its customers now include Adobe, Constellation Energy, Dow Chemical, GE, HP, Siemens, Accenture, BearingPoint, CH2M Hill and Deloitte.
In other software news, Ecometrica, a GHG accounting and ecosystem mapping business, has secured an investment from the Highgate EIS Tech Fund. Ecometrica software Our Impacts is already being used by large companies including RSA, BP and Petkim, Turkey’s biggest petrochemical company.
The software is a Carbon Disclosure Project accredited web platform.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Efficiency and Waste Disposal Grow Closer
- Worcester School Gets Grant to Complete LED Retrofit
- Cree Recalls Lamps
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- Atlantic City Electric Rate Increase Settled; PowerAhead Funding Deferred to Phase II
- TVA Reduces Budget Requirements and Continues Investing in Cleaner Power
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report