Grupo Pao de Acucar Chooses SAP for Energy Monitoring
The Grupo Pao de Acucar, the largest retailer in South America, has selected the SAP Carbon Impact OnDemand product to monitor and manage carbon emissions and energy consumption in each of its 1,832 stores.
The retail giant hopes that the SAP product will more effectively control greenhouse gas emissions and increase the data quality of environmental reports submitted to financial and sustainability regulatory agencies.
As a result of the contract, The Grupo Pao de Acucar says it will be one of the first retail companies in Latin America to inventory its carbon emissions. Operations should go live sometime this year.
In related news, Retroficiency, provider of the Building Efficiency Intelligence platform, has lauched Virtual Energy Assessment – a data analytics solution that it says can accurately determine energy savings opportunities without stepping on-site or installing specialized hardware.
The remote tool can identify potential energy efficiency improvements in areas such as heating, cooling and lighting using only a building’s address and its energy consumption interval data, Retroficiency says.
Finally, Telkonet Inc., developer of the EcoSmart energy management platform, been awarded a contract to provide energy management solutions in ten Southern California-based hospitality properties through Pacific Energy Services & Facilities Inc.
Energy Manager News
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy
- Insider ‘Outs’ Misleading Strategy Behind Florida’s Solar Amendment 1
- Mississippi Watchdog: Kemper Syngas Operations Could Raise Costs by 288%
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida
- Zen Ecosystems Introduces Zen HQ
- Flywheel Platform Introduced by GE