PowerSecure Launches Diesel-Nat Gas Generator
PowerSecure International has introduced a new version of its PowerBlock proprietary generator system that runs on a combination of natural gas and diesel fuel and is Tier 4 Interim emissions compliant.
The unit enables a blend of up to 70 percent natural gas to be used to run it, providing what PowerSecure calls significant fuel cost savings, high power density. Its selective catalytic reduction technology helps meet stringent, Tier 4 Interim EPA and CARB emissions regulations, the company says.
PowerBlock is aimed at data centers and hospitals with mission critical power systems. PowerSecure just hired two industry executives to lead its sales and marketing efforts in each of the data center and hospital markets.
In other news, PowerSecure recently supplied an unnamed utility with LED area lights to replace its standard lighting. PowerSecure says the lights offer up to 67 percent energy savings when compared to traditional high pressure sodium area lights.
In May 2010, PowerSecure’s EfficientLights business expanded its LED lighting portfolio with the introduction of two new LED lighting products, targeted at walk-in freezer/coolers and open refrigerated shelves at retailers including grocery and drug stores.
The company estimates that on average, a grocery store retrofitted with EfficientLights technology reduces its carbon footprint by approximately 40 tons of carbon emissions annually.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend