PPG Launches Low-Emissivity Glass
The glass features a pyrolitic coating developed specifically for application on the exposed room-side surface of an insulating glass unit. The coating is durable because it is chemically bonded to the glass while it is still molten, PPG says.
PPG engineered Sungate 600 glass for use with its Solarban coated glasses to achieve R-5 insulating value without the need for triple-glazing.
In other window news, Pythagoras Solar has announced the completion of a solar window project at the Organic Valley headquarters in La Farge, Wisc.
Organic Valley, the nation’s largest cooperative of organic farmers and a leading organic brand, installed 20 solar windows that deliver solar power while providing significant energy efficiency gains and diffused natural light, Pythagoras said.
In June, Pythagoras received a $100,000 grant from GE to further develop their window technology. Four other companies from the communications, building efficiency and solar sectors also received grants.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Con Edison Development Procures GE Energy Storage System
- Courthouse Replaces Oversized Boiler
- Indoor Farming Company Works on HVAC with PUE 1.0
- Toolkits Designed to Help Health Care Facilities Reduce Energy
- San Antonio Macyâ€™s Store Showcases Better Buildings Challenge Measures
- Natural Gas Gensets to Reach 27 GW of Installed Capacity by 2024
- Larson Releases a Solar Powered Generator with Manual Crank Mast
- Energy Efficiency in Food Service Businesses