PPG Launches Low-Emissivity Glass
The glass features a pyrolitic coating developed specifically for application on the exposed room-side surface of an insulating glass unit. The coating is durable because it is chemically bonded to the glass while it is still molten, PPG says.
PPG engineered Sungate 600 glass for use with its Solarban coated glasses to achieve R-5 insulating value without the need for triple-glazing.
In other window news, Pythagoras Solar has announced the completion of a solar window project at the Organic Valley headquarters in La Farge, Wisc.
Organic Valley, the nation’s largest cooperative of organic farmers and a leading organic brand, installed 20 solar windows that deliver solar power while providing significant energy efficiency gains and diffused natural light, Pythagoras said.
In June, Pythagoras received a $100,000 grant from GE to further develop their window technology. Four other companies from the communications, building efficiency and solar sectors also received grants.
Energy Manager News
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20
- PUCO: ‘Fixed Means Fixed’ in Retail Contracts
- FERC Requires Reports on Price Formation
- Viridian Energy Moves into Texas Market
- PUC Approves PPL’s 6.1% Rate Hike