PPG Launches Low-Emissivity Glass
The glass features a pyrolitic coating developed specifically for application on the exposed room-side surface of an insulating glass unit. The coating is durable because it is chemically bonded to the glass while it is still molten, PPG says.
PPG engineered Sungate 600 glass for use with its Solarban coated glasses to achieve R-5 insulating value without the need for triple-glazing.
In other window news, Pythagoras Solar has announced the completion of a solar window project at the Organic Valley headquarters in La Farge, Wisc.
Organic Valley, the nation’s largest cooperative of organic farmers and a leading organic brand, installed 20 solar windows that deliver solar power while providing significant energy efficiency gains and diffused natural light, Pythagoras said.
In June, Pythagoras received a $100,000 grant from GE to further develop their window technology. Four other companies from the communications, building efficiency and solar sectors also received grants.
Energy Manager News
- Wisconsin Power & Light Files for Higher Residential Base Rates, Lower Commercial Rates
- NMPRC Orders Extension in PNM Rate Case
- US Military Taking No Risks by Going Green, Saving Lives and Energy
- Affordable Housing Pushes Energy Efficiency
- Controlling Air Conditioners
- ZTE, Tancent Develop Modular Data Center
- First Quarter 2016: Green Energy Growing Faster than Natural Gas
- Delmarva Power Asks for Over $80M in Electric and Gas Base Rate Hikes