CA Technologies Updates Data Center, IT Energy Software
CA Technologies has announced new and enhanced offerings in its CA ecoSoftware, designed to further extend the company’s support for data center infrastructure management (DCIM) and IT energy management.
The company says the improved capabilities in CA ecoMeter 3.0, as well as the new CA ecoDesktop, can help IT and facilities staff gain greater availability, agility and efficiency in their data center and IT operations.
CA ecoMeter 3.0 has expanded its DCIM capabilities to include template-driven auto-discovery of facility and IT assets. The product also provides integration with CA Application Insight Modules for mapping between logical or virtual components and the physical infrastructure on which they depend, for efficient management of IT and cloud-based services, CA says.
CA ecoMeter 3.0 also uses CA Executive Insight Manager to provide mobile device users with role-based insight into availability, performance and operational efficiency across the data center.
CA Technologies has partnered with Cisco to introduce bi-directional integration capabilities in CA ecoMeter 3.0. The product gathers a wide range of IT and facilities system parameters that can be published to and utilized by Cisco EnergyWise-enabled systems. Customers can also obtain power data from Cisco EnergyWise-enabled devices for improved energy management.
Meanwhile, CA ecoDesktop supports an inventory-based approach to managing desktop power. It helps organizations identify savings opportunities and implement profiles to increase efficiency while giving end users uninterrupted access to their systems, CA says. CA ecoDesktop also includes reporting functions, to help organizations demonstrate energy cost savings and reductions in carbon emissions.
CA Technologies has entered into a partnership agreement with Devoteam, an ICT consultant, to provide implementation and consulting services for CA ecoDesktop customers in Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
Last week CA announced that Nordic construction and property development firm NCC Group is to start using CA ecoSoftware to automate its carbon reporting and lower its emissions.
Energy Manager News
- Driving Energy Efficiency by Improving the Owner/Tenant Relationship
- Case Study: Fast Payback in New York City
- $8M Project to Upgrade Chillicothe (OH) Correctional Institute
- Three Trends Align to Save Buildings Millions in Energy Costs
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency