Fleet Briefing: AT&T Orders 1,200 CNG Vans; Waste Management, BAE, Caterpillar
AT&T has ordered 1,200 Chevrolet Express compressed natural gas cargo vans for delivery to its service centers nationwide. General Motors says it is its largest ever order of CNG vehicles. The communications firm will use the vans to provide and maintain communications, high-speed Internet and television services for AT&T customers. AT&T has announced its intention to invest up to $565 million to deploy approximately 15,000 alternative fuel vehicles over a 10-year period through 2018.
Refuse collection firm Waste Management Inc. has announced a pilot program to introduce natural gas powered Rotopress waste collection trailers for what it says is the first time in North America. Waste Management expects the program to provide greater operational flexibility and reduce trips, fuel use, greenhouse gas emissions and improved maintenance costs. The pilot program will first rollout in Houston, Texas, followed by pilot projects in San Diego, Calif., Sacramento, Calif., Milwaukee, Wis. and Camden, N.J.
BAE Systems and Caterpillar Inc. have signed a long-term supply agreement to collaborate on an energy-efficient parallel hybrid propulsion system for heavy-duty trucks (pictured). Under the 20-year agreement, BAE Systems will integrate the Cat CX family of transmissions into its HybriDrive parallel propulsion system, and will establish an aftermarket field services model using Caterpillar’s global service network.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending June 26
- Final Energy Conservation Standards for Packaged Terminal Air Conditioners Mirror ASHRAE/IES Standard 90.1-2013
- Seeley International Acquires Coolerado
- Joule Assets Becomes Demand Response Provider in Texas
- Excalibur Energy Becomes Preferred Supplier for Facilities Management Firm
- Product Warranty Covers Both Insulated Roof Panels, Solar PV
- Combining Solar with Ground Heat Pump Is Energy, Cost Efficient
- Current Clamps Measure Energy for Small Businesses