Building Management Briefing: EDF Energy Corps, Incenergy, Cylon, Atlanta Housing Authority
Boeing, Caesars Entertainment, DirectTV and National Geographic are among the first 20 companies to join the Environmental Defense Fund’s Climate Corps in 2012. The program places specially-trained MBA and MPA students in companies, cities and universities to build the business case for energy efficiency. The companies are joining repeat participants including Dunkinâ€™ Brands, Facebook, JPMorgan Chase and Verizon.
Smart building specialist Incenergy has launched a wireless energy management system aimed at the commercial real estate, education and retail markets. The new building portfolio energy management system features cumulative HVAC reporting, wireless temperature sensors and humidity monitoring.
Cylon Active Energy, the energy management division of Cylon, has announced its first contract win in the U.S. with the Raleigh Convention Centre in Raleigh, N.C. Cylon will apply its cloud-based real-time energy management technology to centrally monitor and analyze the North Carolina facilityâ€™s energy consumption remotely from its energy bureau in Clonshaugh, Ireland.
The Atlanta Housing Authority Board of Commissioners has selected Johnson Controls to begin energy-efficiency upgrades to nearly 2,000 units across 13 senior residential care facilities. The project is part of a wider program that the AHA says will produce nearly $18 million in energy savings over the next 20 years. The program will be paid for by energy savings so that no upfront costs will be paid by the housing authority.
Energy Manager News
- Teslaâ€™s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UKâ€™s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation